Links à la Mode: IFB Weekly Roundup
By: Jennine Jacob

Links a  la Mode

Wow there’s a lot more participants than ever before! I’m going to try to make the posts easier to to find by setting them up in different categories. We’re going to try to work something out  on how to manage the list as, it’s getting quite long. I really love seeing all the links together in the roundup, but we do need to figure something out. … so if you have any suggestions, I’m so open to it.

If you’ve missed this weeks round, no worries, there is always next week, you can sign up in the forums by clicking here.

Links à la Mode : December 11th

Fash-Obsessed

• A Few Goody GumDrops – A Few Goody Gumdrops is cuffing her wrists with the Red Crocodile Bracelets from Nancy Gonzalez!
  • Caged Lilies – Feeling russian. Chanel pre fall 09 review
  • Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog – I’m having a girl moment…
  • Couture Allure Vintage – Couture Allure takes a look at fashion photography of Hiro from 1966.
  • Debutante Clothing – Vintage Dress Silhouettes Over the Decades
  • Fashion Birdcage – MATERIALBYPRODUCT Template Spring Summer 09 Collection
  • fashion in my eyes – Coco in motion
  • Fashion Pulse Daily – Fashion Pulse’s runway look of the day is none other than Rodarte’s Grecian goddess gowns – check out what we think about it!
  • Fasshonaburu – Why should the mortgage companies and auto industry get all the breaks? A fashion industry bailout proposal.
  • Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy – At Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy diamonds are a girl’s best friend!
  • Iole in fashion – Sunglasses
  • O.M.O. Writes – FASHION ICON: International Stylist, Catherine Baba. Hailed the “most stylish woman in Paris,” she epitomizes glamour and gaudiness!
  • Shopping and Info – The scoop on Nicole Richie and Kim Kardashian wearing Rozae Nichols
  • Style Discovery – Introducing young designers from the West Australian Institute of Fashion and Textile. Style Discovery’s show coverage, interviews and more.
  • SwanDiamondRose – Mandy aka Yarnageddon is co-author of the upcoming Yarnbombing book.
  • The Subadult Years – My fabulous sample sale example with Canadian designer Lucian Matis
  • Tierra M Wilson – Fashion Gives Back In Arizona

It’s a little personal

• Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy – How to wear vests part 1: how the ladies rock it
  • Dirty Laundry – Red: The first of a week long monochromatic experiment.
  • dramatis personae – Bringing Back Burlesque… ways for the average girl to incorporate the glamour and glitz of Burlesque in to her wardrobe.
  • Daisy Fairbanks Vintage – Pinkaholism. Love pink? Hate it? Find out more.
  • la boudoir – Perfect Party Picks – Dresses to wear to that upcoming holiday party
  • Little Black Book – The guide to online clothes shopping and where to look.
  • In Life and In Fashion – Hibernation Helper: How to stay stylishly warm when it is c-c-c-cold outside! Brrrr!
  • Or False Glitter – -Style crisis! Do we choose our style or does it choose us?
  • shopfair – A guide to successful color matching. Find the right colors for your skintone and create colorful outfits.
  • Style Symmetry – I Love London! Do you?
  • THE COVETED – DIY : Turn old sweaters into lovely opera gloves.

‘Tis the Season

You are Beautiful

• ShopDiary – finds some fantastic deals on cosmetics and fragrances at Costco, of all places!
  • Summershoes – Tips and Tricks and Beauty Secrets: Easy to make Papaya Mask
  • Your Style Star – Hot Lip Tips

Chic Geek

Comments

1. songy says:

It’s great to see the list growing!!

2. MizzJ says:

I too agree that it’s great that the list is growing however it is getting ridiculously long. Is there a way to have some sort of code that allows for collapsible menus (like using JavaScript maybe?) so that the list is more compact and then posting the code for people to copy and paste? Since most blog editors give you the option to edit the code of a website, this might be a viable option.

3. Ashe Mischief says:

MizzJ, depending on the platform you are using, you can always collapse it yourself– I did this on my own blog, it required little work on my own part (ie. I clicked the button that said “More here” and it created a cut tag). I can’t recall if Blogspot has this option or not, but I know that WordPress does, and I think Typepad might as well?

I think collapsing should be on the part of the individual blog owner, and not necessarily here, as the Links a la Mode are an important part of the site.

4. Anonymous says:

my link isn’t on here, but it was definitely in the forum- i just checked. it was posted on Links à la Mode : Thursday, December 11th thread on december 9th. this isn’t the first time this has happened to me :(

5. Anonymous says:

oh, i’m sorry, i forgot to say that i’m fashion fille. http://www.fashionfille.com

6. Jennine says:

❤ songy… aww it’s so nice to see it growing too!
    ❤ mizzj… i think that’s a great idea, but like ashe said, i think it should be up to the individual blog owner, as i don’t even have a clue about java script. doing the html code is difficult enough.
    ❤ fashionfille…. i’m very sorry that i missed you again. i was on your site, and i did pick up the link, it went into the wrong category. and i double check all each time, so i’m very sorry that it was missed.

however, it’s now monday morning, and the links went up on thursday around noon GMT+1, so i’m not sure what i can do for you.

because of this, i’ve added a new rule for Links a la Mode:

it’s the best i can do unless we scrap the current system entirely, which means you’ll be responsible for your own coding of the links.

7. that’s a humdinger of a list!

8. p.s. ya maybe each person publishing their relevant category is a good idea? though it makes me worry that each contributor then wouldn’t get their fair amount of cut/paste,