The SS09 Wardrobe Transition
Edited by Clutch22
In reviewing submissions for this week’s edition of Links á la Mode, I found comfort in learning I’m not the only one ”nesting” my closet for spring and summer. Thankfully, Agent Lover shows us how to shop for retro swimwear, Super Kawaii Mama shares some of her favorite pick-me-ups that cost almost nothing and Dirty Laundry gives DIY alternatives to Maison Martin Margiela. Additionally, there are a variety of insightful designer interviews and shopping reviews to check out in this week’s roundup. Finally, Retro Chick explains how she used IFB’s Little Birdie service to organize a goodie bag giveaway for her one year blog birthday.
There’s the full version of Links á la Mode here in the forums… there’s a lot of great posts there too.
Links à la Mode : April 23rd
- 39th & Broadway: Even fashion designers can get scared of a new and forward trend.
- Agent Dreamer: An interview with Rachel Lanese of Crafttastrophe – designer of beautiful shoes and other wearable art.
- Agent Lover: Hunting for the perfect retro bathing suit, part two.
- Breakfast at Saks: A review of independent designer retailer, Moxsie and Itsola dress.
- Broke & Beautiful: Miss Elle experiences amazing handmade jewelry in a video post!
- Consume or Consumed: Review and hypothetically shopping at Net-A-Porter’s sister sale site: The Outnet
- Culturistas: Update your wardrobe for Spring using the clothes you already have!
- Dirty Laundry: How to wear Maison Martin Margiela without breaking the bank via DIY alternatives.
- Fashion Pulse Daily: Perry Ellis surprises with a fall line-up of classics that with please your Dad and your hottie 20-something boyfriend simultaneously!
- Felicia Sullivan: eco-friendly fashion on a budget: toggery by kate d’arcy.
- Haute World: An inside look to the ever famous Louis Vuitton flagship store in Paris.
- Hello Kelli: New Japanese technology creates a loose wave digital perm.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Starting your own blog? IFB helps find the right blog platform for you.
LuciteBox: HBO’s Grey Gardens – beyond the fashionable women.
- Retro Chick: Celebrating one year blog birthday with a reader goodie bag giveaway.
- Star Fashion Addict: A roundup of the hottest handbag styles for spring.
- Style Symmetry: Inspiration Flashback – a look back at Little House on the Prairie.
- Super Kawaii Mama: Luxe & Less – Pick me up’s for next to nothing.
- The Coveted: Basic Investing, is it better to invest in basics or statement pieces?
- The Curvy Fashionista: Interview with plus size high fashion designer, Monif C – breaking all plus size stigmas.
- The Demoiselles: The Littlest Demoiselle discusses ANTM’s Short Model Season, and “under height” models of the past.
- The Sunday Best: Why Club Monaco should bring back the crewneck.
If you’d like to take part in Links a la Mode, please sign up for next week’s roundup in the IFB forums! Remember, only the best 20 links will be published! So submit your best content! The new thread is posted every Thursday along with the official Links à la Mode post.