Beauty, Style, & the Blogosphere
Edited by Ashe Mischief
Beauty and Style come in many forms, and this weeks Links á la Mode choices showcase the many discussions entering the world of fashion blogging at the moment: excessive judgments, the value of personalities, and cultivating your inner beauty as well as your outer beauty. Bonne-Vie challenges the values of the show “More to Love” and Fivve Blog shares model sensation Lara Stone. Newcomer Jaka’s Tea Party calls to action with the Wholestyle Manifesto and Betsey J asks “Are we too judgmental as fashion bloggers?”
Not to overshadow this weeks Links á la Mode with too heavy of discussions, we’ve also go a great roundup of make-up tutorials & inspiration, along with great DIY projects & giveaways in the forums!
Links à la Mode : August 20th
- Ask ThinkThru: – What Can You Wear From the Office To an Event?
- Betsey J: – Have we become too judgemental when it comes to fashion & style?
- Bonne Vie: – Fox is doin’ it wrong with new reality show “More to Love”
- BRICK MY LANE: – 3-in-1 DIYs: Ripping, slashing andd patching everything, rock’n’roll style
- Broke & Beautiful – International Indie Designers can be found with Novica, plus an opportunity to REALLY make a difference by shopping.
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Fed up of emails from big fashion brands demanding interviews, I decided to speak to a young, bright and new designer instead.
- Denim Debutante: – How to Clean & Care for Your Premium Denim
- fivve blog: – If you have a fashion mag addiction, then you probably have seen who W Magazine is calling the “fashion it-girl” Lara Stone.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – What’s so great about Gravatars?
- Jaka’s Tea Party – A mission statement for a new movement that believes style isn’t about the clothes you wear, it’s about being a whole person.
- Little Miss Makeup: – Pretty makeup is an evergreen fashion trend. Get the low-down on how to get the look!
- Meilily: – Highlights the debut collection of Project Runway phenom Christian Siriano for VS Makeup.
- pie wacket: – yesterday I worked with Kiehl’s to create a wonderful late summer giveaway and shot an original beauty story to demo the products.
- Rags to Reverie: – 2 days ago Space 15 Twenty’s Pangaea Pop-Up makes deka ray’s architectural jewelry available for the masses
- Retro Chick: – Why we buy – One woman’s journey in fashion and the decisions we make every day.
- sweet archivia: – Anthropologie’s Secret Code – In-House Brand Guide
- THE COVETED – The Coveted: Make that a double: Take Off Your Clothes Double T-Shirt Dress
- The Demoiselles – Jennifer Nicole uncovers the secrets behind the new PETA ad, which degrades women based on weight.
- The Fashion Planner: – The Fashion Planner’s Guide to Chicago offers great places to eat, shop, and more.
- The Midnight Feast: – Did I really just put on black lipstick? How to tackle this trend: a guide for those who would prefer to leave the gothic look in the 90s.
- Unfunded – Unfunded: White Rabbit Inspired Baubles
- Wit & Whimsy: – First Look: Michael Kors Goes Hollywood Glam with the launch of VeryHollywood.com
PLEASE READ IF YOU’D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE:
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine