Evolving Influence blew my mind. It may have blown everyone’s mind… as newbie bloggers alongside veterans gathered together to talk about the state of the bloggosphere. Putting together the event over the last few months had been one of the greatest challenges in my life, but when I saw all the community come together in real life and generate a spirit of optimism and goodwill, it made all those sleepless nights worth it.
As bloggers, we sit behind the monitor, typing away at our posts, cultivating our readership and pursuing our unique dream that makes our blogs special. Many times I forget, as I feel like I have no life, that what we’re working on as a community is the beginning of a whole new medium. We are the pioneers, what we do today will shape the future of fashion media. When everyone showed up to the conference, it solidified that it is possible to have a supportive community in fashion, all the talk about cattiness, jealousy, haters didn’t make an appearance that day, as for some time it seemed that the bloggosphere might be going down that path, it’s not. We were so happy to have everyone who couldn’t make it participate, as it was the first time we had ever done a live stream…we ran into some technical issues in the beginning, but sussed it out by the second panel, the livestream got over 2,000 views and all in all there was 2,500 tweets about the conference.
We’re still waiting for the video footage to come in, so I don’t want to go in too deeply about the panels, in case some of you missed the live stream and the conference, but I will give a ‘brief overview’ even though looking at this, I have to say, it’s not that brief…
Photos by Dustin Fenstermacher (except where otherwise stated)
Panel 1: Fashion Blog Marketing
Corinne Leigh -Threadbanger | Erika Miller – Elle.com | Pamela Castillo- Market Publique | Nichelle Pace – StyleMom | Melody Biringer – The CRAVE Company | Shubhankar Ray – G-Star RAW (one of our sponsors)
Moderated by Jordana Bruner
Panel 2 : The Business of Blogging
Moderated by Yuli Ziv
Panel 3 : Navigating Blog Ethics
Imran Amed - Business of Fashion | Diane Pernet – A Shaded View on Fashion | Jessica Schroeder – What I Wore | Gina Garrubbo, EVP – Blogher | Mary Scherpe - Stil in Berlin | Clark Hoyt - Public Editor, New York Times Moderated by Wendy Brandes
Panel 4: The Future of Fashion Blogging
Thanks to all these people who made Evolving Influence happen…
If it weren’t for our sponsors, tickets would have been over $300 a person (as opposed to a $20 suggested donation), and to be honest the way event planning goes, it wouldn’t have been possible at all even if we did charge that much. Our sponsors not only provided us with the money to secure the event space, compensate a qualified team, and get all the bits and pieces together, they also provided support for us, and helped everything run smoothly.
American Express, who also sponsored the two Tweet Ups in the Skybox. G-Star RAW, who first approached us to do this event. Windows 7, who also facilitated a giveaway of four HP laptops to conference attendees. ModCloth, who also dressed a few of our panelists. Degree Women Ultra Clear in Red Satin who also contributed to our gift bags.
I’d also like to thank Wendy Brandes, Jordana Bruner, Julia DiNardo, Ethan Nguyen, Jessica Estrada, Drea Bernardi, Seb White, Yuli Ziv, Tony Wang, Deanne Yee, Dustin Fenstermacher, Anne Colville Somma, Tina Poppy, Hadji Jones and Pamela Castillo
Thanks to Fiji Water for providing water for us, I know I needed you!
Windows 7 & HP gives FOUR laptops at conference….
Windows 7 and HP provided HP TouchSmart tm2t series laptops to IFB to giveaway to four lucky attendees. For more information on this Windows 7 PC, check out: http://www.shopping.hp.com/series/category/notebooks/tm2t_series/3/computer_store?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN. Attendees tweeted #IFBW7HP and said why they wanted to win a Windows 7 PC.
ModCloth dressed a few of our panelists…
Thanks to Minx for giving us FREE manicures with a touch a MINX! They did a fantastic job, and it was nice to see perfect nails around the conference!
Urban Signals Shuttle
For those of you going between shows, the Urban Signals Shuttle came in handy… I heard they squeezed in 14 people after the Rad Hourani show, fitting in our panelists Bryanboy, Susie Bubble, Phil Oh…who brought his friends Garance Dore and Scott Schuman. I almost fell over.
The Couturious Cocktail Party!
Without Couturious, we wouldn’t have been able to have a party all together after the conference, they did a fantastic job of putting together a fun party at the last minute, and also introduce their new site which launches tomorrow.
It was a pleasant surprise when high profile bloggers such as The Sartorialist, Garance Dore, Fashion Toast, and Danny Roberts showed up. I don’t really recall inviting them because I thought they might be too busy… of course, I never mind gate crashers, especially if they are my heroes. Photo by Greyest Ghost
View the complete gallery here:
The Gift Bag!
• Cd’s and Key Chains from G-Star Raw
• Degree Women Ultra Clear in Red Satin protects against white marks, odor and wetness, so your red-hot look is the only thing to turn heads.
• Affordable Scarves will be stylishly outfitting the necks of bloggers with what else? Scarves!
• Stubby eyelashes rejoice! Revlon has provided enough of their brand new Fantasy Length Eyelashes so that every blogger will be boasting dark and glamorous eyelashes.
• We Love Colors knows exactly what’s in – bright tights to make the grey weather not nearly as dull. Which is you’ll find a pair of their tights in the gift bag.
• With boots being so hot this season, thank goodness for Jean Straps! Their comfy, flexible stirrups will keep your jeans from bunching up when you wear your favorite pair of footwear.
• Clarisonic Sonic Infusion System (for VIPs)
Evolving Influence Coverage…
I’ve been putting together this round up for a week, so if I missed you, please let me know!
- Women’s Wear Daily : Fashion’s New Fever : Blogging (front page)
- The Cut : Teen Blogger Tavi Wow’s Crowd at Panel Discussion
- Teen Vogue : Highlight of the Week Evolving IFB Fashion Blog Conference
- Fashionably Marketing Me: The Impact of Fashion Bloggers at Fashion Week
- The Fashion Spot: Evolving Influence Fashion Blogger Confernece
- Diane, A Shaded View on Fashion : Evolving Influence Conference
- Gala Darling : Evolving Influence
- Manolo’s Shoe Blog: Manolo’s Thursday Miscellany
- The Clothes Horse : Evolving Influence Fashion Blog Conference
- Denimology : Live from #NYFW #IFBcon & @G-Star Raw
- What I Wore : Evolving Influence
- Greyest Ghost : Independent Fashion Bloggers “Evolving Influence” Conference
- Sammy Davis Vintage : Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference: Life, Love, & the Pursuit of Blogging with Style, Substance & Authenticity
- Preppy with a Twist : Evolving Influence
- Dandition : Thanks IFB!
- Holier Than Now : In Real Life 2 – IFB Evolving Influence Conference
- Style Sample : Fashion Week Wrap-Up: The IFB Evolving Influence Conference
- Bobbin Talk : Fashion Bloggers Prove Their Influence is Evolving
- Bobbin Talk :IFB Panel One Discussion
- Roselyn (Twitvid) http://www.twitvid.com/FBF61
- Delightfully Tacky : Monday Recap : IFB
- Smashing Darling Blog: Evolving Influence -IFB Conference
- Girl Friday : Evolving Influence Recap
- StlyeIT : Live Blogging From The IFB Conference: Fashion Blog Marketing Workshop Sponsored by Windows 7
- Calico : NYFW Day One IFBCON
- Art of Accessories :What I’ve learned in 2010
- Punky Style : IFBCon Recap
- Style Amour: Bloganizing : Independent Fashion Bloggers
- Nubianonsense : Independent Fashion Blogger Conference
- Haute Blogger : Independent Fashion Blogger Conference
- Quite Contrary : On my way to…
- Chichi212 : IFB Presents : Evolving Influence
- Market Publique :Market Publique at IFB’s Evolving Influence
- Socially Superlative : Evolving Influence Fashion Blog Conference
- Examiner.com : Evolving Influence : Fashion Blog Confernece
- The Time is Tomorrow : Independent Fashion Blogger Conference : Evolving Influence
- The Fashion Loving Stylist : NYFW Day 5 : Evolving Influence Conference
- Wendy Brandes Jewelry : More on the Evolving Influence Ethics Panel
- Style Taxi : Evolving Influence Live Fashion Blogging Conference
- Ciao Chessa! Evolving Influence : Independent Fashion Bloggers
- Might Like You Better : Independent Fashion Blogger Conference Evolving Influence, New York City
- SF Indie Fashion : Watch Evolving Influence Conference Live
- Design Wonderland : My Evolving Fashion Influence
- ModCloth Blog: IFB Evolving Influence Fashion Blog Conference
- Pickles & Coffee : Street Sweeper : IFB Evolving Influence Conference
- Fresh Jess : IFB Evolving Influence Confernence
- Artfully Awear : Evolving Influence
- Stylish Kids in Riot : Evolving Influence Live from New York
- Stylish Report : Evolving Influence Fashion Blog Confernece
- Grit and Glamour : Watch IFB Evolving Influence Live
- Jason Last : This Video Is Killing Me Evolving Influence
- Kyoto Maiko : IFB Evolving Influence : The Future of Fashion Blogging
- FABIOwho: IFB Evolving Influence Conference 2010
- BonBonRose : New York Fashion Week & The BonBonRose girls = Like WHOA
- EStyling: Evolving Influence Conference
- Fashionably Marketing Me :#NYFW Belongs to Bloggers
- Lili Magazine :Evolving Influence
- Mediacation: Whoever Tavi’s PR person is, please raise your hand
- Life Behavior : Nova Iorque sediará o EVOLVING INFLUENCE – FASHION BLOG CONFERENCE / Nueva York será sede del EVOLVING INFLUENCE – FASHION BLOG CONFERENCE
- American Express: AMERICAN EXPRESS PROVIDES CARDMEMBERS WITH EXCLUSIVE ACCESS…
- Fashion Mama: Evolving Influence – Fashion Blog Conference
- Clutch22 : IFBCon @ NYFW: Tune In Live Today!
- Diane, A Shaded View on Fashion : Evolving Influence Conference Announced
- Temp’d :Happening Now: Live-Blogging from the Independent Fashion Bloggers ‘Evolving Influence’ Fashion Blog Conference Sponsored by AmEx, HP, and Windows 7!
- Fashion Editor at Large : Tavi Ousted by a Younger Fashion Blogger?
- Crossroads Trading: Heading to New York!
- And Fancy Free : #IFBcon
- Skinny Love : Eternal Masquerade
- The Musings of Ondo Lady : Fashionisng Friday
- twentyteneightyfour: twentyteneightyfour presents: mediacation – issue 1.0
- Lola Simone Style :Hello Fashion Bloggers in NYC
- Odds & Ends : VIDEO: Bryanboy’s March 2010 Vogue shoot + Bloggers vs. Journalists debate
- Read My Lips! : Model Behavior @ NYFW 2010
- Love Me Twice Today : Where to begin?
- Curvatude : A New York State of Mind
- Art of Accessories :What I’ve learned in 2010
- Gilding the Frilly : Daily Duds
- Random Fashion Coolness :Marketing, Blogging and Editors
- Online Fashion Marketing Blog : Bloggers in the Spotlight
- Two For Fashion : Top 5 der Woche
- Signature 9 : The Future of Fashion Blogging
- Fashion Pulse Daily : Independent Fashion Bloggeres LIVE BLOGGING! Sponsored by IFB and Windows 7
- Current: IFBCon & NYFW Tune In Live Today
- Modelina Michelle : We’re not cool, We just blog
- The Next Web : The Wall Street of Fashion
- On The Surface : Independent Fashion Blogger Conference
- Style Baad : IFB Conference in New York
Photos by Dustin Fenstermacher (except where otherwise stated)