Join Us for Evolving Influence at Milk Studios NYFW

Evolving Influence Feb 10-11, 2011

Please join us for this landmark event as for the first time ever a major fashion week will be hosting a blogger conference of this magnitude.

IFB and Mac & Milk Studios are proud to announce we will be hosting the Evolving Influence Fashion Blogger conference on February 10th, 2011 at Milk Studios in New York City.

In the last year, bloggers have launched their careers into the stratosphere. From making rent, to traveling the world, now it’s possible more than ever to live your dreams as a professional blogger. But what do you do once you’re there or almost there? How do you build relationships with brands without losing your cred with your beloved readers? How do you create unique content without stepping on other blogger’s toes? How do you set up your business, get noticed by the media… Evolving Influence will cover it all.

Key note speech by
Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez
of Proenza Schouler

Moderated by Imran Amed,
Founder of The Business of Fashion

Registration is $60

Includes full day panels, access to workshops (subject to availability), lunch, party and fabulous gift bag!

Special Thanks to the Evolving Influence Sponsors: M.A.C & MILK, Gucci, Shopbop, Levi’s Shape What’s to Come, TheFind, Microsoft, Tumblr, Juicy Couture, Lookbooks.com, AldoIced Media, and Windows Phone

Click here to Register

**Watch the Livestream Here***

For those of you far away, and if you reaaally can’t make it, we’re sad, but you can tune into the Live Steam on February 10th!

Panel Discussions

Milk Studios , February 10th, 2011

Who Owns Your Blog Content?

Brought to you by Tumblr 9:00am-10:30
Part of the beauty of the internet lies in sharing ideas, sharing content and promoting each other. But where does the line between good will cross into infringement? The panel in particular will cover topics such as internet sharing, copyright infringement, intellectual property, and how to protect your content/brand as a blogger.

• Why is protecting your content a big deal?
  • What and how much is your content really “yours?”
  • Culture of curation

Moderated by: Eddie Newton, Mr. Newton: Panelists: Rich Tong, Tumblr •  Leandra Medine,  Man Repeller • Geri Hirsch, Because I’m Addicted • Evelyn Tollinche,  MTV • Karen Blanchard,  Where Did U Get That

The Business of Blogging

11:00am-12:30pm
Blogging is your passion, and you’d like to sustain and grow your career from doing what you love. It’s time to start thinking about your blog as a business. This panel will cover trends in digital marketing, blog monetization and how brands identify bloggers.

• How to make start making a living off your blog now
  • Are banner ads the answer?
  • Types of monetization strategies
  • Getting paid what your worth

Moderated by: Vahni Georgoulakos, Grit & Glamour: Panelists: Caitlin NiChathain, Gucci •  Keiko Groves, Keiko Lynn • Tony Wang, Post Fashionism • Gregory Shove, Halogen • Piera Gelardi, Refinery29 • Craig Arend, Altamira:Models Off Duty

•••

Lunch Provided

•••

Working with Brands Gracefully

2:00pm-3:30pm
When you start monetizing your blog, questions start to come up. How as a single blogger can you keep the division between business and editorial?  How do you maintain your credibility with your readers, is transparency enough?

• Defining the difference between promotional and editorial
  • Gifts or Bribes?
  • Fact checking… is Google enough?
  • Integrated sponsorships. Do they affect your credibility?

Moderated by Kristina Medhus, Pretty Shiny Sparkly Panelists: Sasha Wilkins,  Liberty London Girl •  Rebecca Stice,  Clothes Horse • Kristin Knox, The Clothes Whisperer •  Lindsey Calla, Saucy Glossie • Rachna Shah, KCD

Rise of the Professional Blogger

4:00pm-5:30pm
This year more bloggers are using agents, managers, they have assistants, interns… It’s a far cry from the lone blogger doing it all. This panel will focus on how professional bloggers have evolved over the last few years and where the industry is heading.

• What does a career in professional blogging look like?
  • Bloggers using agencies to manage their careers
  • How things have changed for bloggers over the last year
  • Where is the industry heading?

Moderated by John Januzzi and Starworks Group: Textbook, Panelists: Yvan Rodic, Face Hunter •  Karla Deras, Karla’s Closet •  Wendy Lam, nitro:licious • Faran Krencil, NylonCoolhunting.com • Karen Robinovitz, DBA • Chiara Ferragni, Blonde Salad

Key Note Speaker

6:00pm-7:00pm
Imran Amed moderates discussion with Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler

Party at The Chelsea Room

Music by DJ Lani Love

Brought to you by TheFind & Windows Phone
7:30pm-9:30pm
Shuttle provided
For people 21+ years only

•••

Workshops

Le Bain, The Standard Hotel, February 11, 2011

Space is limited

Essential Blogger Toolkit

1:00pm-2:30pm

What makes your blog magical, & how can you keep it humming?  This workshop will crystalize your vision & help you recognise your point of difference.  Together, we’re going to work out what makes your blog really special!  We’ll talk about staying true to YOU & how to monetise without feeling sleazy!  You’ll discover your niche, get really clear about who your audience is & find out how best to engage them, both online & off.  We’ll load you up with writing prompts, ideas to beat blogger burn-out (with style!) & discuss what makes a blog really pop!

Taught by Gala Darling

Start Up Workshop

3:00pm-4:00 pm

Have a great idea and want to turn it into a business? From concept to execution, learn what it takes to start your own business from two experienced fashion & tech entrepreneurs. The workshop will cover all the essentials like team, product strategy, branding, business planning, funding and more.

Taught by Pamela Castillo of Market Publique, Brooke Moreland, Co-Founder of Fashism

The Media: Pitching, Prepping, and Performing

4:00pm-5:30pm

Here we will ill discuss how to secure press coverage for your blog. Topics will include the most effective ways to pitch to producers, how to prepare yourself for interviews and how-to segments, what to wear (of course!), and ways to make yourself more comfortable in front of the mic or camera. Bring your questions for a Q&A session after the workshop!

Taught by Sally McGraw Already Pretty • Kendra Bracken-Ferguson, DBA

Image by Saga Sig, model: Svala, stylist: Jessica Hannan

About The Author

Profile photo of Jennine Jacob

1. jordana

Wow, such a great line up! It’s so impressive to see the “evolution” of Evolving Influence since the first one at Broadway East in 2009! Congrats IFB!!

2. Jenn | Chasing Louboutin

Sounds like this will be an amazing event. Wish I could attend! Will def. be catching the live stream…

3. Ashe Mischief

God, it KILLS ME to read this and not be able to come!

Also, girl, that’s a hella bang for $60. I’d pay at least $100 to attend this kind of conference. I hope the community takes advantage of this STEAL.

4. terra black

i really wish i could attend. it’d be cool if a bunch of us in LA had a place to watch it together/have meet n’ greet or something

5. Incroyable

There’s literally tears forming in my eyes. This event is beyond perfect, BUT I can’t afford the registration fee(which isn’t bad at all, but as a unemployed 17 year old it can be just too much). I hope there’s a 6th annual so I can make it to that one.
    To everyone that is going, ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!

6. Marie

That sounds like so much fun!! It’s a 10-hour drive from where I live…not impossible to do. Believe me, one day you’ll see me there!
    – Marie

7. Lucia

I would love to go!!! Unfortunately I live in Dominican Republic and I cannot fly on those dates! (I’m literally crying)
    Congrats IFB!
    xo

8. IdilViceFashionRocks

This conference has come a long way since it’s first run on the Lower East side in I believe it was 2009… looking forward to this one at Milk Studios in the midst of Fashion Week and Meat Packing district craziness :)

9. FlauntStyle

This is so exciting! Congrats Jennine for putting together such an amazing event. Your hard work is appreciated.
    I am not confirmed yet, still waiting on childcare for my daughter, but I hope to make it!

10. Shen Dove

I’m so excited to attend this year! It looks like a fantastic line-up of panels that will be informative and interesting.

11. Ondo Lady

Sadly I won’t be there in body but will be there in spirit and online. Congratulations Jennine, you have done it again! Proud of you!

12. diya

ack it kills me that of all NYFW’s, this is the one I won’t be able to attend. I feel like I’m missing out on SO much information, especially the workshops on the second day!

13. Kori

This is one of those times I wish I lived in New York. I will definitely be watching the live stream!

14. Lelia

I’m so excited to go! I learned so much and met some amazing bloggers last season, so I jumped as soon as I saw the registration. Thanks for the hard work Jennine!

15. Jessie

I am so excited to attend my second #IFBcon. I’ve been blogging for 4 years and there is still so much to learn.

16. Sha

I am so excited to go!!! This is going to be an opportunity in a lifetime and can’t be missed!!!

17. My Passport to Style

Looks like a really useful fun event, well organised and a lovely way of getting bloggers together. It would be really great if there was a little extra support for those flying out from the UK or other destinations, i.e cheap flights best places to stay close by ect.

18. Jenna Nolten

Wished I could go. I love NY! But with school and stuff it is impossible to go. Definitely will watch it on online streaming :)
    xoxo Jenna

19. KellyJoy

I’m excited to say I’ll be attending. Just so happens I live within an hour of NYC. I’m a brand new here so looking forward to meeting some members:))

20. Tali

I SOO wish I could go!! I’m literally crying because I’m not able to. The agenda looks INCREDIBLE! Good luck!!

xx
    Tali

21. Kimberly Marney

I hope you are doing something like this in September, I will not be able to make the February event. Sounds wonderful!

22. Rachael

As a few others have said, I soooo wish I could make it but you can bet I’ll be reading all of the recaps afterward.

Also, Ashe mentioned this but $60? You could totally charge double!

Good luck and can’t wait to hear all of the details on how it went!

23. Amauri

Oh, I love this event!

I am not a blogger, but I’ll be in NYC during fashion week and since the event is gathering many personalities I’d like to know, is there a problem if I sign up?

Looking forward to it. Cheers!

24. Evan

Unfortunately I am not able to get there..but I love to…

Good Luck to everyone

xx
    Evan

p.s. is there any way to watch some videos after the conference?

25. Sha!

Just curious, does anyone have any idea what the expectant turnout for this event is?

Booked my flight! I will see you all there!!! :)

26. Sha!

So excited for the conference! Wanted to know where you’ll all be going after to party?
    Which hotels are you staying in???

Thanks!

27. Anne

God, I can’t go because I’m not able to leave Prague now! OMG that’s not fair! I hope there will be more conferences! :)

28. Mina

Just stumbled upon your blog and love it! I am also going to IFB conference, and have never done anything like this! I am supper excited, as well as a little nervous.

I have my bags packed and brought my laptop, but I was curious, will people be bringing their laptops to the conference? Are you supposed to bring a notepad, or take notes on your computer? I just have no idea! But again, I can’t wait to meet everyone and enjoy the whole experience.

-Mina

29. Mina

Hi IFB! I am a proud member, and an overly excited member! This will be my first time going to a Fashoin Week event, as well as my first IFB conference. I was wondering what to bring to the conference? Are we to bring laptops? Is this a silly question? Do people bring notepads?

How can we find out about other free events and after-parties?

Last but not least, THANK YOU IFB for giving us fellow fashion bloggers this wonderful opportunity!!

30. CAMartinsky

Question concerning the blogger event..obviously it’s over, but does anyone know if anymore of these type of events are going to happen?

31. Sanita

wow, this sounds just amazing!!
    I wish I was in New York.
    This would be so useful and educating, as in Latvia (I am from this super small country) blogging is quite new and actually there are maybe max 3 fashion bloggers who really can earn something with their blogs.

Have an amazing time, if you are going!
    Sanita