From online retail sites to mobile apps, last year was all about fashion websites/apps. ShoeMint (all the Mint properties, really), Moda Operandi, OpenSky. The list can go on and on. But 2012 will be even bigger and better. Fashion technology is rapidly growing thanks to new apps and sites that are shaking up the digital space, offering users a chance to dive into their closet and rediscover their style.
From selling your clothes back to booking discount beauty appointments, the new wave of apps and websites make being a gal so much easier.
Here is a list of the 5 Apps and Sites I'm keeping an eye on (and you should too):
1. ReQoop: Do you ever find something amazing at a store, snap a picture, then forget where you were when you found said amazingness? It happens to me all the time! However, enter ReQoop, the newest mobile app that allows you to take pictures of items at your favorite store, upload them to the site, then share them with other users. It's like having a personalized catalog with items from all of your favorite stores!
2. Buyosphere: The best part about having a personal stylist is being able to ask them all sorts of questions. Where to purchase things, what kind of items you should stick with, etc. Instead of paying for a pricey stylist, try using Buyosphere, a website that tracks your purchases and gives you the chance to host your own Q/A with your fellow shoppers. Need to find a white maxi dress? Ask Buyosphere. Want to know what is trending in colors? Ask Buyosphere. It basically acts as your personal shopper! What could be greater than that?
3. Lifebooker: When it comes to beauty treatments, you need to book appointments fast. You don't have time for chit-chat nor do you want to sit on the phone for an hour trying to find an open spot on your stylist's calendar. You want something quick and relatively cheap that leaves you looking gorgeous. Thanks to LifeBooker, you can search for salon, spa and beauty deals near you. Getting your eyebrows waxed now is almost painless.
4. Poshmark: Move over, eBay. Poshmark is here to make your clothes reselling experience 10x more enjoyable. With Poshmark, you can browse a fellow fashion girl's closet, sell your (gently) worn designer clothes, and participate in virtual meetups and shopping parties. With its secure database and easy interface, it has never been easier to make money of off your wardrobe's neglected pieces.
5. MADE Fashion Week: Thanks to Milk Made, fashion's cutting edge resource and studio, runway collections can be delivered straight to your smartphone. Users get live access to collections, share favorite looks with social media followers and learn more about designers. For every blogger who attends fashion week and can't be at every show, this is your best friend. Or, for the fashion lover who wants front-row access, this app gives you an up-close-and-personal view of Milk Studio's hottest collections.