IFB’s Favorite Fashion Week Hashtags
By: Taylor Davies

photo

It’s always a bittersweet moment for me when NYFW finally comes to an end. It’s eight days of total fashion-fueled insanity, when it seems like the whole of New York is running on caffeine, couture and cab fare. To be fair, this week’s shows are actually ready-to-wear, but you get the idea. As we mentioned in this post, Twitter has become an indispensable tool for keeping up with all the action – from front row celebrity spottings to instantaneous runway reviews.

With a feed as robust as IFB’s (we’re following more than 3,000 handles) it can be a chore to sort through the best tweets and photos – but then again, that’s why we have hashtags! From the hilarious to the helpful, here are the “#”s we loved the most during NYFW:

#NYFW: The most broad and most obvious hashtag for fashion week, search this acronym for any and all photos, stories and tid-bets about fashion week.

#MADE: This is the tag for fashion week activity and shows taking place at Milk Studios.

#MBFW: We used this hashtag to identify any of the New York Fashion Week activity that happened at Lincoln Center, and was sponsored by Mercedes Benz.

#menswear: If you’re looking to take a little break from the onslaught of gowns, make up and sky-high heels, search this hashtag to see what’s trending in the world of men’s apparel. Highlights come from GQ magazine, Valet, and IFBcon panelist SartoriallyInc.

#streetstyle: Use this hashtag for quick access to all the amazing style happening off the runways.

#chictothenextlev: This one doesn’t make sense unless you watch this. We love how scarily true-to-life it is.

What hashtags did you use during #NYFW? Even if you aren’t in NYC (and maybe especially if you are not), hashtags are a fun and easy way to track your favorite fashion events and happenings.

[Image via shutupilovethat's Instagram account.]

Comments

1. Fabiola says:

and let’s not forget #fashiongirlproblems

2. Hallie says:

That first quote is my favorite EVER! Love it – makes me proud to be a fashion blogger and to compulsively trade thoughts on this season’s collections with the IFB community. :)

“It’s eight days of total fashion-fueled insanity, when it seems like the whole of New York is running on caffeine, couture and cab fare.” #truth

Great ending to the week. Thanks, Taylor! xx

-Hallie

3. M.E. Ster says:

#hatsaremyheroes

4. M.E. Ster says:

#hatsaremyheroes
    The shows had some amazing hats. And this Paul Bunyon thing going on is cracking me up. It’s a moment for hats, so let’s celebrate!

5. Ondo Lady says:

I was using #fashfeb12 which is the hashtag for Fashioning February, the fashion special that I have been running on my blog this month. Also #IFBcon for the IFB Conference and of course #LFW for London Fashion Week.

6. I started doing #overheard because of all the crazy things you overhear people say at fashion week!! It’s hilarious.

7. love this! #fashiongirlproblems- especially entertaining during NYFW

8. Avatar of Peach Black
    Peach Black says:

This is really useful, I just wish this was posted before the NYFW as an instruction on which hashtags to use at the NYFW. I didn’t know them exactly, so I probably used the wrong ones. This is because I am new to twitter and I am still getting a hold of it. I am actually new to all this hashtaging :) so maybe if there were a helpful post about it on IFB I would be very grateful and veeeery happy :)

Love and kisses