Mother’s Day is on Sunday, and it’s got all of us at IFB feeling a bit reflective. Many of us don’t live near our moms anymore, so we send cards, flowers, spa gift certificates… The usual. Being the internet-savvy crew that we are, we wanted our celebration of mothers to be a bit more, well, internet-y. We’ve pulled together some of our favorite mother-related gems from blogs, bloggers, Twitter and beyond!
We asked some of you in the community to share what you’ve learned from your mom:
“Always be your own person; follow the beat of your own drum – on your look, your style, BUT know what looks best on your body type. And oh yeah, if something isn’t flattering to my figure -CLAUDIA DINARDO WILL LET IT BE KNOWN! I’ve taken her advice, but found a softer approach to guide friends and loved ones toward looks that are more complimentary to their figures. ” – Julia Dinardo, Fashion Pulse Daily
“Well, My mom raised 7 kids, mostly on her own. She is a strong woman and has come a long way. I am the woman I am today because of her. As cliche this sounds she is my best friend. She knows when to be there for as a mother and friend. Even when we go shopping, she always knows what she’s talking about. In fashion she has been a huge inspiration. She’s done every trend out now. I keep a scrapbook of her looks. My family definitely see’s a lot of my mom on my blog. She’s the greatest!” – Delmy Rivera, Fashion Bananas
@truequeeninc: To always look good when you step out because you never know who you’ll run into on the street!
@StyleInked: She told me its more important to feel beautiful than just look beautiful.
Great Mother’s Day reads to inspire and make you smile:
- We love this feature on an L.A. boutique run by a mother-daughter duo from Glitter Guide
- If you need a last minute gift, this guide from Stripes + Sequins should give you a good start
- Buzzfeed created a hilarious tribute to “mom fashion”
- This very personal and touching article from the NY Times about becoming your mother…
- Of course, our post about insights from stylish moms who happen to blog
- Our IFB project submissions of great posts from the community dedicated to mom
- Madewell introduces us to their moms with cool vintage photos on their Tumblr
We want to know, what’s the best advice your mom ever gave you? Did she give you style advice you still believe in today? Or perhaps pearls of wisdom on the ways of the world? Share in the comments below!
[Image credits: Buzzfeed]