Are you freaking out ? We’re freaking out – but just a little. Twitter has been down across all platforms and devices on and off this afternoon (according to Mashable). All the sudden we’re feeling like it’s 2007 again.
*Update: It went up at around 1:15 p.m., and then down at 2 p.m., but now seems to be running again.
Instead of craddling your head in your hands, cursing the Internet gods and wondering how you ever survived without up-to-the-second updates from just about everyone – relax. Take a deep breath, and entertain yourself somehow!
Here are 10 things to do while Twitter is down:
1. Pick up a magazine or newspaper. Has it been a while since you flipped through a physical piece of media? Now is your time!
2. Go get something to eat! It’s lunch time on the East Coast, but no matter where you are it’s anytime is time for a snack.
3. Creep around on Facebook. We bet that’s what you were doing anyway, but this is a great excuse to see what’s going on, post your latest blog update on your Page or wish a long-forgotten acquaintence happy birthday.
4. Send a mass text to your entire address book about what you’re doing right now – especially if you’re eating something.
5. Write something quippy down on a piece of paper, take a picture of it and post it to Instagram. Don’t forget a #hashtag.
6. Write a blog post.
7. Go through your Google reader or Bloglovin’ feed. If you’re like us, you’ve got at least 1000+ unread posts.
8. Have a conversation with an actual person.
9. Read this post on Buzzfeed about 21 Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity, and try not to tear up.
10. Just keep refreshing the page. It can’t stay down forever!