5 Useful Mobile Apps For The Social Media Savvy
By: Chelsea Burcz

shutterstock_103090697

digital community

For those of us fashion bloggers that are both social media savvy and always on the go, mobile apps can be the most important lifeline to staying up to date and active on the internet. Here’s five useful apps to keep you going on the internet when you aren’t in front of your computer:

1. Analytics App

You can check your site’s analytics on the go with Analytics App that consists of 55 reports, showing data up to 110 rows. (This is especially great for all you constant traffic checkers.) Available on iTunes.

2. Hootesuite Mobile App

HootSuite allow users to create numerous social network streams and view them in a clean, friendly interface, dispatching messages to multiple networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare, simultaneously, which is great for a fashion blogger looking to update multiple platforms at once. The mobile app also complements your web account, migrating all the content onto your phone. Make your life a little easier and give this owl a download. Available on iTunes.

3. Dropbox for iPhone and iPad

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs and videos anywhere. After you install it on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your iPhone and iPad, and the Dropbox website. Take all those important docs, videos, and photos (and possibly that media kit of yours?) on the go. Available on iTunes.

4. WordPress and Tumblr apps

Both WordPress and Tumblr allow you to update your sites from your phone.

With Tumblr you can post anything: share photos, video, audio, quotes, links and text — and it works if you have multiple accounts. Advanced controls include save drafts, queue posts, and customize tweets, all from your phone. Available on Tumblr.

With WordPress for iOS, you can moderate comments, create or edit posts and pages, and add images or videos. Available on iTunes.

5. Zite

Zite personalizes the news you receive Google Reader (RSS feed) and Twitter, through selected different sections of news you have interest in. It then organizes your choices into a sleek and easily readable “magazine” layout, perfect for staying up to date on news in your niche. Available on iTunes.

Comments

1. Lola says:

This is so helpful. Thanks!

2. This is very helpful ! I will try these apps out for sure.

3. Vivian says:

Aaaww and for us, poor Android users? Is there anything similar to Analytics App? I could really use it haha!

4. Avatar of Irina Dorn

Yes, I was going to say the same thing – is there something for androids like Analytics App? For us constant traffic checkers :)
    Also love Dropbox for mobile – it syncs all my pictures so I can keep my memory card empty and I can have all my important docs on the go. I wish I had this when I was in college :)
    Great article, thanks for the info!

5. Jenn Staz says:

Great list! I was utilizing all but Analytics App, which I bit the bullet and made the investment. I recommend NEWSIFY for your RSS reader – it’s absolutely gorgeous on the iPhone and iPad, especially.

6. Avatar of moiminnie
    moiminnie says:

Love the post! Bloggers should utilize the phone apps as they are getting better and better! Besides Facebook, Formspring and Twitter, I also use Blogger and Tumblr app, and they turned out to be the best apps for blogging/updating on the go! Definitely going to try the analytics app soon!
    xx

7. Avatar of acrewd
    acrewd says:

I’ll definitely have to check out the Analytics App. My Google Analytics isn’t very helpful and since our blog is connected to our e-boutique, I feel like I haven’t found the right tracker (Shopify info is super limited). Love Tumblr, Hootsuite, and Dropbox though!

8. Avatar of Vivian
    Vivian says:

waah thanks Iris, I’m gonna try the gAnalytics one you suggested! *happyblogger*

9. Karen says:

Great article. Thank you. I did not realize that there is an App for analytics. I think Drop Box is wonderful and have found it very helpful.

10. Carol says:

Thank you for the tips!:)

11. Us poor poor Android users! :( Google Analytics is good so far, I’d recommend it if you’re interested in that function. Couldn’t find alternatives to all of these iPhone apps though… Sadly… :)

12. kerri says:

a very helpful post! I’m downloading Zite now :)

13. Tandrika says:

I really needed this information! I’ve been wanting an Analytics app but I never knew there actually was one. Also, for blogger users, Blogger has an app also.

14. Lynnette says:

Love the analytics app, thanks for sharing!

15. Kara says:

I can’t wait to download the wordpress app and few more mentioned in this article. Incredibly helpful post!

16. tyler says:

Great list. Will check these out. I use dropbox and it works very well.

17. Avatar of
    Emily says:

I started blogging during August of 2011 and have been absolutely hooked ever since! Since I am on Tumblr, it gives me so much creative freedom in what I chose to display and post. I also love interacting with my followers and seeing what they would like to see more of and what they think about my blog in general. My Tumblr is predominantly fashion oriented, but I definitely like to mix up the styles in my posts. I love channeling my inner bohemian as well as expanding into ultra-modern looks as well.

I love communicating with my fans not only on Tumblr, but on over social media outlets as well. One of my favorites is definitely Twitter! You can check out my twitter here! [www.twitter.com/eber57]

Check out and follow me on Tumblr as well (only if you like it, of course!) — [www.lun-ette.tumblr.com]

Thank you all so much!