10 More Apps To Better Your Instagram Photos (For Both iPhone and Android!)
By: Chelsea Burcz

Pixlr-o-matic

We’ve already given you ten really awesome apps to boost your Instagram photos, but as we all know, technology moves fast, and Instagram’s updates seem to be moving even faster.  If you’re anything like us Instagram-obsessors, we’re ready for even more options in filters, effects, stamps, lighting, contrast, collaging, etc. So, to stay ahead of the techy trends, we present to you ten MORE apps to make the best of your Instagram photos (for both iPhone and Android!).

10 Apps For Awesome Photo Effects:

1. Photoshop Express:  A staple in photo editing, Photoshop Express lets you crop, and adjust exposure, color, tint, hue, saturation, contrast and levels, along with classic filters. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

2. Phototreats: Enhances photos by giving you a wide range of filters, organized by the category of the photo, such as “My Eats,” “My Style,” or “My Activity.” Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

3. moreBeaute2: Want to get rid of that blemish or wrinkle? This app smooths over and brightens your complexion with manual settings that you can adjust, which is especially great for creating beauty photos on your mobile device. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

4. Pixlr-o-matic: Lets you make basic corrections before adding filters (which are better than most found on Instagram) and effects, such as rain, sparkles, and neon lights. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android.

5. Color Splash: Give your photos an extra artsy touch by converting them to black and white and adding just a splash of color. This app is awesome for detail shots, or if you want to draw attention to a particular part of the photo. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

6. LINE Camera: Decorate your photos with cutesy frames, stamps, filters, anime characters, brushes, and text, and easily share them on your social networks. Overall easy and fun app that covers a wide range of effects. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.

7. PhotoWonder: With Photowonder you can crop, collage, and add filters, stamps, and effects to your photos. Compatible with Android.

8. FX Photo Editor: With over 110 different effects, features like texturing, vignetting, and professional tools like histogram, B&W curve, and lots more, FX Photo Editor makes it easy to create professional looking photos on your phone. Compatible with Android.

9. LensLight: To get the best lighting effects in your photos, consider using LensLight, which allows you to add all sorts of effects from fairy dust to moon beams. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

10. BeFunky: As the name suggests, this funky photo app let’s you add anything from speech bubbles, to graphics, to artistic effects. Compatible for iPhone and Android, and you can also use it on your computer.

Comments

1. Thanks for the great tips!!
    x

2. Avatar of FallForFall
    FallForFall says:

Nice post, I’d just like to add that Color Splash is compatible with Android, too.

3. Avatar of Gray Lavender

So many apps i’ve never used before, will definitely check them out. Thank you!

4. Love Color Splash – depending on the photo one can create nice outcomes.

5. Sarah says:

Thanks so helpful!
    Will get going trying some of these x

6. Alicia says:

Nice thank! Great apps I had 2 out of ten.

Alicia

7. Avatar of Patrinia
    Patrinia says:

nice post, i will download some of these

8. Carla says:

Thank you, thank you. I was just looking for cool photo apps and here you brilliantly share this post. Love you guys!

9. Erin B. says:

I prefer vignette for Android. It’s my go to for filters and borders. Does anyone know of an Android app that has bokeh features comparable to iPhone’s PicFX?

10. Avatar of Emily
    Emily says:

Who’s going to need Photoshop for the computer anymore when you can just prettify all your pictures for $1.99 on your phone? ;) Great app selections — there are so many to choose from, it can be overwhelming, so I appreciate you narrowing the field for us.

11. Avatar of irene wibowo
    irene wibowo says:

nice.. will try for my android. :)

Irene Wibowo

12. GJ says:

Thank you! Cannot wait to try these.

13. Katie says:

Thanks!!

14. Vicki says:

Thank you for sharing these. I also shared on my blog.

15. Fashion-isha says:

Thanks for the great tips. I can’t wait to try these apps!
    xo
    Sharon

16. oana says:

loveeee ittt

17. I love my photography apps yet the only one of these I’d heard of and use is BeFunky – thanks for sharing! :)

18. Steffie says:

I started using Vintique when I stumbled upon it a couple of weeks ago. I’m not sure if it’s available for Android but it is on the iPhone.

19. Avatar of Zamri A.
    Zamri A. says:

I’ve been using PS Express quite some time now, and it’s great for a simple editing on-the-go. Now I’m hooked to the Line Camera, it’s awesome as I can add lots of effects to the raw images. The Phototreats is great too despite some that you have to pay to use. Would love to try Color Splash, unfortunately it’s not free. :(

I also used Color Effects, Photo Mess and PhotoPad for some editing on-the-go. They’re all free! :)

20. Easysquare says:

If you want fit your entire photo into square really quickly and simply on an iphone, there is an app called “easysquare” that lets you do this in a three clicks. Automatically puts the white bars around your photo and sends it to your Instagram app — http://goo.gl/EvajV

21. DICKU says:

I am the author of LikePics app
    Would you consider to add the app to the list, it has many filters, easy to use

22. megha says:

this is super awesome.. thanks..

megha

23. Nitz says:

I just love FX photo editor and Color Splash but rest of your suggestions are also looking awesome. I am amazed to know that there are so many options available out there to choose from. Thanks Chelsea for recommending these apps.

24. Kay says:

I can”t thank you enough for giving me ideas of great apps I could use to better my pictures on my iPhone! Again, thank you so much! And @Zamri A, if you type in Color Splash free, you can get it for free. Or try this other app named “Colorful”

25. The Epic Duo says:

OMG I can just use colour splash before I upload my photos! cooool! makes it a ton easier for me! thanks! great post btw!

26. mina says:

here is some more advice:
    it is often considered really “artsy” to have your photo have a white border all around the picture.
    apps for that: squaready, photo squarer…
    don’t make your photo too complicated. usually what I do is use aviary to edit my photo, then I add the white border using photo squarer.

27. Bob says:

Another great app is superimpose- I’ve made lots of great edits with that?

Trackbacks for this post