This is the next post in a very exciting series we’re bringing to you on IFB in anticipation of the upcoming #IFBcon. Each day in the month of August, we’ll have a different post designed to help your blog become – you guessed it – bigger, better and bolder.
With the recent release of Forbes’ list of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women,” it got us thinking — in order to be a career blogger, there must be some sort of entrepreneurial spirit lying within. After all, monetizing your blog is not unlike starting a small business or making a risky investment. While we know making a business out of blogging can be tough (and sometimes discouraging), we’ve rounded up 10 of our favorite quotes from leading game-changers to help keep you motivated and hungry for more.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple and Pixar
- “The key is to just get on the bike, and the key to getting on the bike… is to stop thinking about ‘there are a bunch of reasons I might fall off’ and just hop on and peddle the damned thing. You can pick up a map, a tire pump, and better footwear along the way.” – Dick Costolo, founder of Feedburner.com
- “Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is.” – Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
- “Life is really simple as far as I’m concerned. There is no luck, you work hard and study things intently. If you do that for long and hard enough you’re successful.” – Jason Calacanis, founder of Weblogs, Inc.
- “I wasn’t satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement.” – Donald Trump
- “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.” – Roy Ash, co-founder of Litton Industries
- “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
- “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” – Martha Stewart, founder of Omnimedia
- “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
What is your entrepreneurial mantra? How do you stay motivated?
[Image: Coco Chanel, French couturier. Paris, 1937. Photograph: Lipnitzki/Roger Viollet/Getty Images]
To get your tickets, head to the Eventbrite page and buy either:
Regular One-Day Pass: $125
Regular Two-Day Pass: $185
Corporate/Non-IFB Member Tickets: $600