You may know this already, but model Coco Rocha is no stranger to the IFBcon stage. She was on our panel, “Balancing Act: Business and Blogging” just about a year ago in September of 2011. Rocha has run her own Tumblr blog for about three years, and is an avid user of Twitter and Instagram.
We’re so, so thrilled to have Mrs. Rocha (Conran) back for another season, and this time around – to interview our sassy, Classy, keynote Derek Blasberg. We can’t reveal what they’ll be talking about – after all, where’s the fun in that? – but we can dish a bit on what makes Coco so cool, and perfect addition to our (rather amazing) IFBcon line up.
Here are 10 Must-Know Pre-Conference Fun Facts about Coco Rocha:
1. She was born Mikhaila Rocha, in Toronto, Canada in 1988 – yep, she’s only 23!
2. Coco started her professional modeling career in 2004, when she was just 15, but really took off in 2006 when she met Steven Meisel and was shortly thereafter featured on the February 2006 cover of Vogue Italia.
3. Her first US Vogue cover was May 2007, with 8 other models (including Chanel Iman and Doutzen Kroes) deemed the new crop of supermodels.
4. In November 2010, she was awarded the Seventeen Body Peace award by Seventeen magazine. (She contributed articles to the mag on the topic of girls’ body image and self esteem.)
5. Coco Rocha is infamous for doing 60 poses in less than 30 seconds.
6. She was once a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model.
7. You should probably follow her (@cocorocha) on Instagram, for gorgeous images of her (and her darling husband) taken all over the world.
9. She’s a master of social media branding, you’ll find the same avatar image across all her platforms, from Twitter to Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.
10. Coco was recently profiled brilliantly by The New York Times.
[Sources: Wikipedia, Oh So Coco.]