Want A Job In Fashion? Find Out Where To Apply
By: Chelsea Burcz

Joanna Hillman

Want to work in fashion? In an industry that’s extremely competitive (and in an economy that’s still trying to get back on its feet), it can be a struggle trying to find a job that’s the perfect match. But Indeed.com is here to help with the hunt! They’ve compiled a list of the top companies with the most fashion related job postings right now (not including retail jobs). See below:

· Urban Outfitters
· Ralph Lauren
· Warnaco
· Fossil
· Macy’s
· Forever 21
· The Jones Group
· Kohl’s Corporation
· Gap
· Adidas
· Sears

They also compiled the top 10 cities with “fashion designer” job postings, and included are the average fashion designer salaries for job postings for each city. Forget New York and LA, according to this data San Francisco ain’t looking too shabby, eh?

1. New York

9. Portland

· 2.6% of current job postings in the top 10 cities
· $43,000

10. Atlanta

· 2.6% of current job postings in the top 10 cities
· $56,000

Comments

1. Avatar of moiminnie
    moiminnie says:

Being a professional textile and fashion designer, I can only say I wish I lived in the States.
    xx

2. Avatar of Krystle
    Krystle says:

@moiminnie Nonsense! There are opportunities all over the world, my love :)

This is so useful. Thanks, Chelsea. I was considering a couple of the smaller cities already!

Love,
    Krystle

3. Avatar of Ruins Barry
    Ruins Barry says:

I wish Fashion was also more prominent in other cities as well.

4. Avatar of Kholá
    Kholá says:

Columbus is #7 on the list. Go Ohio! We’re also #3 on the list of top cities nationally for fashion designers – http://m.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2012/09/worlds-leading-cities-fashion/3182/

:-)

5. Avatar of The B Stinger

It sucks because I live in Miami. I wish we had more fashion job opportunities. =-/

6. Avatar of TerranceJ
    TerranceJ says:

I can attest to Atlanta’s paltry offerings. Although, we do happen to have a pretty decent scene here – Midtown and Buckhead (near the heart of Atl) come to mind.

@MoiMinnie you should definitely drop by sometime! :D

7. Avatar of Meda N.
    Meda N. says:

You think this also inlcudes internships? Am from the Netherlands and sometimes I think I can only dream of doing internships at these companies, haha.

8. Avatar of Rachel
    Rachel says:

I would say any major city has something to offer. I’m stuck in Knoxville and they’re is basically nothing in the industry at all.

9. LaTisha says:

OMG Atlanta is on this list?! That’s a first!

10. Callie says:

What fashion jobs are in Chicago and San Francisco? I’m on the job hunt now and am trying so hard to avoid NYC bit it seems inevitable.