Kick up your heels and get down with all of today’s top fashion news. It’s Friday, guys. Who’s ready to celebrate?
- The GQ Men of the Year Party seemed like quite the soiree, with Ashley Madekwe, Rashida Jones, Aubrey Plaza, Chace Crawford, Diane Kruger and cover star Rihanna all mixing and mingling. Oh to be a fly on the wall. [WWD]
- Not For Sale’s new study graded 300 fashion companies on important labor issues including “the watchdog efforts implemented for workers, training, usage of child labor and minimum wages.” Suffice to say, many are falling short on their good practices. [Refinery29]
- MarcJacobs.com is getting a makeover this Saturday. The new site will offer a new design, better social media integration and better opportunities to shop. [WWD]
- “Fashion is emotional. You don’t need fashion, you desire it.” The smart, inspiring Donna Karan shares her thoughts on her success, what drives her, and more. Fantastic profile on one of fashion’s leading designers. [WSJ]
- Looking to protect your blog’s photos on another site besides Flickr? Check out 500px, which offers a Creative Commons license that helps manage who uses your photos. [Mashable]
- “My focus is finding a solution and hopefully we will get there and then we will be better for it at the end.” Tory Burch shows extreme grace under pressure in lieu of her legal disputes with ex-husband Chris Burch [Fashionista]