We hope that those of you who are celebrating are having a lovely and relaxing holiday. The IFB team is scattered from New York to California today, spending time with friends and loved ones. We wanted to take a minute to express our thankfulness, as this has been a wonderful, exciting year for us – and for you! Each of us wanted to take a moment to share what we’re thankful for today, and in the comments we invite you to do the same.
1. Thankful to The IFB Community: It’s been amazing seeing our community grow and develop over the past year, a lot of people who started out with barely anything stick it out and blossom into great bloggers.. it’s been a real treat to see this happening every day.
2. Thankful for Taking Risks: Starting a blog was a risk, growing it, and making it a priority to become a professional blog was a risk… it’s been scary, but worth every moment.
3. Thankful for all the supportive people: No one is an island, and I wouldn’t be able to do nearly anything close to what I’ve accomplished without the supportive people in my life. I’m so thankful that they’ve been along for the ride.
1. Blogging peers and community members: I couldn’t do this without the support and help of the blogging community. From the peers we talk with every day to the members who so graciously come to the site, IFB is truly a community that relies on its community.
2. My IFB team: I am so lucky to work with two of the best ladies around. They make even the long hours and most stressful of situations fun, which believe me is not easy. Honestly, Jennine and Taylor are two of the most hardworking, loyal people I have ever worked with and I couldn’t imagine working with anyone else.
3. Buzzfeed: I don’t really know what my life was without this before but I am ridiculously thankful for this site now. It never fails to crack me up or remind me of the little things that are so important. You know, like Internet memes and crazy cat-flying videos.
1. The IFB community: It’s been a crazy year (and a little more) since I started at IFB, and I’m so grateful for all the support, advice, criticism and comments from all of you. I’ve learned so much about blogging, about myself and about all of you and how we can best help you.
2. Picmonkey.com: I don’t know how I would edit all my photos and make collages without this (free) in-browser service. I use it almost daily to make images for IFB, Eat Sleep Denim and my personal blog as good as they can be (not to mention erase the occasional blemish)!
3. My friends in New York City: Of course I’m also thankful for my family and friends elsewhere, but since I’m spending the holiday here, I’m especially grateful to have wonderful people (who happen to be great cooks) to spend it with.