Now is the time of year when we all start making plans and goals for the coming year. Where do we want our blogs to go, what steps can we take to get there? We have goals for IFB of course, but more importantly, we’re excited to see where our whole community is headed in 2013. We can’t to see how our diverse collective of individuals will continue to push our industry forward as a whole.
7 Things We Want to See From the Blogging Community in 2013
1. More meaningful engagement with one another. Through forums, conferences, meet ups and events, we would love to see the blogging community to continue to help, inspire and encourage each other and build strong relationships both on and offline.
2. A renewed commitment to quality content. Whether that means taking a writing or photography workshop, teaching yourself Photoshop or CSS coding — we want to keep the momentum of amazing content going into 2013, since this was truly an impressive year for fashion bloggers.
3. Fresh collaborative projects with brands. Sometimes it can feel like the relationships between brands and bloggers have gone a little stale – with the same types of projects and promotions. We hope 2013 brings more creative, successful and profitable collaborations for both sides.
4. Continued quality contributions to IFB. Through the user-generated content of the IFB Project and Links a la Mode, we’ve seen such tremendous growth and evolution in your submissions – and felt such pride in what all of you are doing. We hope to see so much more in the coming year, thank you for sharing it with us.
5. Ever-diversifying revenue streams. Blogging is still such a new business with so much growth potential that there’s really no limit to how we can earn income. With affiliate links, banner ads and sponsored content currently occupying most of our monetizing efforts – what will be next?
6. Niche blogging dominance. When all is said and done, it will be a blogger’s individuality and unique content that determines their success — at least, that’s what we’re striving for. There’s room for everyone as the blogosphere grows, and more bloggers will shine as beacons of leadership and style with diversified and specialized niches.
7. More media. What can we say? We love seeing a little something different and quirky on fashion blogs – and think that the our community could use more amusement and creativity in the form of .gifs, videos, quizzes, music and more.