As we know, all work and no play makes… everyone bored. That’s why we like to keep our bi-annual blogger conference a veritable cornucopia of activity.
That’s right, cornucopia.
This season, you can (of course) attend panels and workshops to get your education and inspiration fix, plus primp up at one of our sponsor’s booths with hair and make-up, get a sneak peek at a stylish movie or two, and pick up even more swag from Fibi & Clo and Cambridge Satchel Co.
Many of our conference attendees come from far and wide to be here, which is why we want to make your time and money really worth it. It’s about learning, growing, networking and most of all – having a great time. Along with our panel discussions and keynote interviews, here’s what else makes up the full IFBcon experience:
Sponsored Booth Activities:
- Fekkai: Make the entire conference a ‘good hair day’ with the hair geniuses of Fredrick Fekkai. Their stylists will be on hand to fulfill any of your dry styling, braid, or up-do fantasies.
- Bare Minerals: A long day of socializing, networking and general conference-ing can take it’s toll on a gal’s face. Stop by Bare Minerals for a touch up & some inspiration for hot spring make-up trends.
- MailChimp: You’ll definitely want to stop by the MailChimp booth for some sit-down DIY fun. Grab a glue gun, a handful of colorful crystals, ribbons and more because you’ll be creating your own unique piece of wearable art – on the softest t-shirt ever.
- Scatter My Ashes @ Bergdorf’s: Just before lunch on February 6th, we’ll have an exclusive preview of the new this new (and incredibly stylish) documentary celebrating Bergdorf Goodman’s 111th anniversary.
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel: Along with a DVD copy to take home, you’ll get to see the trailer of this movie about the legendary editor and fashion industry legend, Diana Vreeland. (Showing just before our first panel on February 6th.)
Gifting & Giveaways:
- Fibi & Clo Sandals: We know it’s still February, but you won’t want to miss Fibi & Clo’s set up on both the 6th and 7th, they’ll be gifting sweet and stylish spring sandals to our attendees in anticipation of warmer weather to come.
- Cambridge Satchel: We’ve been fans of Cambridge Satchel’s functional and colorful bags for some time – and soon you will be too. They’ll be giving away a bag before each panel to one lucky 2-day ticket holder. (To learn a little more about their company, check out this video.)
- PR: Don’t wait around for brands or editors to come to you – learn how to successfully approach them with this workshop hosted by Bollare. Putting your blog’s business in your hands in the most succinct, powerful way. What could be better?
- Photography: Let’s be honest, couldn’t we all do for a refresher course in photography? So why not stop by this workshop hosted by fashion photographer Lydia Hudgens and get schooled in new photo techniques or tricks.
- Affiliate marketing: You may love styling outfits and writing posts but, at the end of the day, your blog needs to bring in some kind of revenue if you want to continue doing it long-term. The team at Linkshare promise to share how you can earn more money with your content.
- Lisa Salzer, Lulu Frost: Starting a jewelry business in today’s competitive industry isn’t easy; it’s all about separating yourself from the crowd and building a brand that can last. Sounds a lot like blogging, right? Lisa Salzer, Lulu Frost Founder, will impart a few lessons she’s learned while making her jewelry line an industry favorite.
- Neil Blumenthal, Warby Parker: All it takes is one idea, one creative spark to launch a successful brand and Warby Parker’s Co-Founder Co-CEO Neil Blumenthal will be at IFBCON to share a few tricks he’s learned along the way. A CEO Talk that will definitely leave you inspired and ready to take your blog further than you could imagine.
These two busy, entertaining and educational days on the cusp of New York Fashion Week have a little something for everyone. Whatever pace suits you, whomever inspires you, you’ll be able to find it at this season’s IFB Conference.