Do Your Readers Care About Fashion Week?
By: Jennine Jacob

Jonathan Simkhai at Milk Studios

Jonathan Simkhai at Milk StudiosFor years fashion bloggers fought to get inside the tents at New York Fashion Week. Years. Starting in 2006, when Julie Fredrickson (founder of Coutorture) ambushed Anna Wintour for an impromptu interview at at a fashion show, to endless battles with IMG to get press credentials. Once brands started realizing the value of giving influential bloggers access to their shows. Getting invites to fashion shows was and still is the ultimate validation for a fashion blogger’s success.

Which is great for our community. Validation for our little industry from the establishment. Both brands and bloggers are in this love affair of validation and promotion which works fantastically for each other, however, one important group appears to be left out of the equation.

The readers.

As a blogger, I thought my readers would love “insider access” on my blog, with original photos, my unique “perspective” and with all the noise about Fashion Month, it seemed like the readers tended to tune out. I took it personally, like I needed to step up my game, try alternate content strategies, ie back stage looks, celebrity spottings, interviews with people I wouldn’t normally have access to. And nope, readers really just wanted to see my new shoes.

Last season, in talking with bloggers (who of course didn’t want to be named, because you know, appearances) the their traffic actually goes down during fashion week. This was true for my blogs as well. So this year, I took a look at bloggers social media presences and post in comment counts. This of course is NOT a scientific study, but an observation of engagement.

Do followers follow NYFW?

Eat, Sleep, Wear does fantastic on Instagram, however her fashion week shots do get nearly the same level of engagement as her outfit shots.

eatsleepwear

Jamie Beck, of Anne Street Studio, is known for her beautiful photography. When photographing her beautiful scenes she gets loads of interaction, when photographing fashion week, her coverage does well, but average.

frommetoyou

Atlantic Pacific‘s followers appeared interested in an empty room before the show, than the actual show. Still good engagement, but nothing compared to some of the likes in the 8K range of her normal pics.

atlanticpacific

Some bloggers like Song of Style, and Gary Pepper did not experience a dip with their engagement on Instagram, however they only posted a few photos from the runways.

Ok, that’s Instagram, but what about the blogs?

While a majority of the shows bloggers attend to get lost in the Instagram/Twitter mix, fewer and fewer bloggers are posting about the actual shows they attend. Why? Well, upon doing research, I found no examples of posts exceeding average engagement (though, feel free to correct me!) many bloggers experienced lower engagement than average. Indie favorite Keiko Lynn, who generally gets 50+ comments per post, raked in about half that for runway coverage.

keikolynn

This Time Tomorrow also experienced a similar thing, on average garnering around 40 comments per post, her coverage of coveted designer Prabal Garung pulled in a whopping 18 comments, despite the excellent photos of details you couldn’t see on Style.com

thistimetomorrow

Even the Blonde Salad’s audience has lackluster engagement when she’s sharing Fashion Week news (usually in the form of livestreams). Her strategy for Fashion Week coverage is to tie runway shots into her daily outfits which garner in the 220+ comment range. Without her outfits, posts generate on average of 50 comments, a fraction of her normal activity.

blonde salad

Does Lower Engagement Mean Lower Traffic?

No. Engagement does not necessarily mean traffic. On IFB, some of our highest engaged posts did not bring in as much traffic as some of our pillar content (content which pull in traffic month after month). Perhaps other bloggers have figured out the formula, like the Blonde Salad and Song of Style how to balance coverage so their readers get excited about the runways. But generally speaking after all the Tweeting and Instagramming of the shows we see at fashion week, our readers either do not feel the urge to engage with the content, or they simply do not love it as much as a blogger’s regular content.

Should Bloggers Go To Fashion Week?

I’ve thought about this a lot. Years ago, visiting Paris and meeting up with Parisian bloggers, I was surprised how many of them did not want to go to Fashion Week. They said, Fashion Week wasn’t what their blog was about.

This season, I sat Fashion Week out for the most part, and to be honest, I loved it. Partially because of the IFB Conference, also because of other more important personal things going on, and also because I wanted to see if focusing on regular content would make a difference. It turned out that engagement of regular content stayed the same, and I also got more sleep. Now, for many bloggers coming to New York and doing the whole fashion week thing is important part of their business, making connections and appearances. So it’s worth it to still go.

However, unless bloggers develop a content where Fashion Week fits seamlessly, or unless they develop a specific angle for the stories (the angle of which they can see the runway doesn’t count), there really isn’t a point in going for the readers. How does that translate in brands inviting bloggers to the tents? Only time will tell.

Maybe We’ll Come Full Circle With Fashion Week

Fashion Week used to be an exclusive event only known by the fashion elite, buyers and editors. It was only studied by those who truly passionate and knowledgeable about the industry. Blogging and social media had a large role in opening up this event to the public consciousness, which has been an added value for brands and bloggers alike. But perhaps Fashion Week was a bit like the Stone Masons in terms of exclusivity and people actually caring. We cared more when it was a secret, now that we all know what goes on behind closed door initiations and RSVP lists, maybe the public doesn’t really care that much after all.

Comments

1. Avatar of Kelsey Elisabeth Benedict

Personally, I don’t cover fashion week in my blog, nor am I currently interested in it until it’s covered in a ‘zine.

Since I don’t care about it, my readers really wouldn’t either – I’m an alternative style blogger, so to high light mainstream fashion that
    A.) I have not interest in
    and
    B.) my readers have no interest in
    would be silly.

It’s not what my readers expect and want, and neither do I.

2. Becca says:

Not mine. I write a beauty blog, but fashion plays a supporting role my content. My readers are a little older (35+) and largely feel FW is too theoretical for them and want either satire or a more practical breakdown of what to buy and how to wear it. Plus, the coverage is so saturated it becomes white noise after a while.

On another note, I found the Vine coverage to be a surprisingly big yawn. It took away too much of the mystery!

Becca

3. I agree with Kelsey. If my readers wanted to read about FW, they could easily check out style.com. It gets a bit boring, to be frank, to read about the same thing over and over again – just from different people.

XOXO

4. Kylie says:

Its funny you should write this, I was thinking about how to approach fashion week differently this year. I like to photograph catwalk and presentations for a portfolio and of course I then want to share the results on my blog. I have decided to pick and choose which ones I share.

Generally presentations with a cute theme seem to go down well. For example I have just posted about the Orla Kiely presentation where models where placed in a typing pool office. Traffic has done quite well on that.

I think you have to pick and choose what to share and not to overshare. If a show doesn’t really catch your eye or your interest then don’t post about it for the sake of it. If it REALLY interests you, then it will probably interest those reading.

5. Avatar of Pinksole

I am not at all surprise by this because I follow most of the blogs you mentioned and I know I usually skip these post as well. As a blogger I would love to attend Fashion Week but not for the purpose of posting it on my blog. I would most likely post the looks that inspired me the post and show my readers how they recreate certain looks on an budget. And really those fashion week coverage by bloggers get boring because they are all at the same shows posting the same pics for a week. XO http://pinksole.com

6. Cate says:

I was going to attempt to cover Fashion Week, but then I realized that I usually just tune out during Fashion Week. I don’t follow the blogs I follow because of Fashion Week coverage.

7. Avatar of Andria Rivers

I agree with the Parsian bloggers you talked to, fashion week isn’t what my blog is about. I stay-up-to-date on fashion week, but I don’t think my readers care that much about it. My readers want a condensed trend report and ideas on how to recreate them for less. I also think that if readers want fashion week coverage, they’d just peruse Refinery29 or Fashionista.

Andria
    Indie Punk Goddess

8. Thank you for this article very well made. I love to photograph the street style and I’m not really affected by not going to the shows. I like staying outside, meeting new people and enjoying taking pictures. I write about the street style during Fashion Week on my blog because it doesn’t differ a lot from the street style I talk about during the year. It is important to know what your readers like but it is also important to blog about what you love.
    Jennie

9. Avatar of Jennie
    Jennie says:

Thank you for this article very well made. I write about the street style during Fashion Week on my blog because it doesn’t differ a lot from the street style I talk about during the year. It is important to know what your readers like but it is also important to blog about what you love.
    Jennie

10. Avatar of Chaucee from Streets and Stripes

A few years ago when fashion bloggers first started going to fashion week I was all about it. At first it was such an exclusive sneak peak that we really haven’t seen before …. written by the people (those fashion bloggers we love) for the people (me!). But since then it’s become an over saturated market and I’m OVER it. I really tune out during fashion week posts, even on my favorite blogs, and try to create unique, fresh content on my blog that week to entertain the readers that are also “over it” like I am.

11. Donna says:

Great post. I agree with everyone else who has commented. My readers have never been very interested in my Fashion Week posts. I tried posting just a few of my favorite looks and then putting a link to my Pinterest board that had more looks on it. Still, I didn’t get a lot of views on those posts.
    I think most people outside of the fashion industry don’t even know what Fashion Week is, and they don’t care. Seriously, how many people can afford to buy from the brands that show? Not your average person. I think the people who read fashion or beauty blogs are interested in seeing ordinary people in affordable outfits with make up and hair that they’d be comfortable wearing to work or the store.
    Donna

• Emily says:

Amen Donna! The majority of avid style blog readers I know are much more interested in accessible and affordable fashion! It’s fun to get a glimpse of the runway shows, but it’s been overdone.

12. Avatar of Tara
    Tara says:

Great post and great ideas coming from the comments. I think it’s a great point to think about as it applies to fashion blogging in general.

13. Avatar of lidia Alvarez

As a website who just launched, my focus is Fashion NEWS. and posting about shows is very important. BUT, there is SO much content, i have to choose which designers to profile. I typically try to choose those who are not as mainstream and have a fashion savvy edge. However, the traffic (considering its a new site) is still considerably lower than other post. And it has been sooo difficult to keep up with all that is going on. I cant write about everything!! Is Fashion ‘news’ less interesting than what the blogger is wearing? :/ I guess my site might struggle for a while.

14. Avatar of Lydia
    Lydia says:

Yes, I realised that Fashion Week posts compared to outfit posts on my blog did not do well and I slowly realised that readers are just not interested in things besides YOU. Readers want to know more about YOU, your outfits, your clothes, your personality, but a coverage of Fashion Week is almost the same for all bloggers – putting up a few photos, commenting on trends etc. So I guess readers will only tune in if you connect yourself more to whatever content you are posting, and make it personalised!

ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

15. I think it’s the overdose of information that is the main deterrent to engagement. As a reader myself – last season I fell I was bombarded with images of FW in my Feed. This season fewer bloggers (that I follow) included FW photos on their blogs, so I thought may be I should fill the gap as a new blogger with my take on FW – I got no comments – but combined with an outfit post – the interaction was much higher.

16. Avatar of Elena
    Elena says:

Very interesting to know that readers are not really excited about fashion weeks and shows. I personally don’t cover shows at all, I prefer casual style with mix of fashion and childish illustrations on my blog, that makes you smile.
    Elena

17. Marissa Joy says:

I think we also have to realize that there are so many bloggers covering so many shows (often the same ones), that there is a lot of competition during fashion week. This competition doesn’t exist to the same extent the rest of the year- one can look at multiple bloggers’ outfit posts knowing they will all be different. However, once you see a post about one fashion show, you don’t need to read another post about the same show.

Moreover, a lot of readers are probably on sites like style.com more during fashion month just to keep up with the shows, and probably don’t have time to keep up with all of their usual blogs. There is so much more to read, so traffic is probably just spread more thin during fashion month. Basically, I don’t think we should sum it up to readers not being interested in fashion week related content, but rather that there is such a saturation of content that is hard to keep up with everything.

18. Daniel says:

I tend to leave actual Fashion Week coverage up to the magazines or large digital platforms. I attend Fashion Week but simply use it as an event at which I can network, build relationships and have fun. For instance, I attended numerous shows during London Fashion Week this weekend and snapped hardly any pictures, and I will not be using those images I did snap on my blog. I saw some great collections and was introduced to some great designers, and that is what I will be covering on my blog.

Interviewing designers about their collections and summarising collections you like without basing the entire post around Fashion Week is much more insightful. It’s about what Fashion Week shows us and what ideas it gives for future posts rather than the event itself.

19. Sheyla says:

As a reader and follower of lots of fashion focused people on Twitter, I feel constantly bombarded by the same shows/designers over and over again during Fashion Week. I hate it. Because of this, as blogger, I’ve decided to not write about it anymore. The majority of the readers can’t afford most of the clothes presented in Fashion Week anyway(unlike personal style or collage posts), so why should they care about the latest DVF? I wrote a post about this topic AND award shows too: http://ladygoodman.com/2013/02/13/shoulda-woulda-coulda/

20. Avatar of Pins, Needles & Fashion

I agree with a lot of whats said. I do however like posting Fashion Week coverage on my blog. I tend to go back stage sometimes and get interviews. I feel like that is something more interesting (at least I like seeing backstage of shows) I have my own professional photographer with me so I try to make it more exciting. However I have seen a huge decrease in views and comments. Makes me re-think FW in Sept this year.

21. Frida says:

Here’s my two cents. It’s quite simple, actually. People follow blogs because they want REAL people in real outfits, not the silly runaway ones, neither of those people dressed up in the streets for the fashion week occasion – I actually think they do quite useless outfits.. heels on snow are unpractical, out of season, while I like to see practical outfits that are good for the season we are going through. So I like most to see my fav blogger bundled up in a nice coat and scarf. As I do.
    I never really cared for high fashion, neither read the fashion newspapers (but that might be just me) but I have to get dressed everyday, and getting some inspiration from real people is what I like most. I think it’s why boggers got success in the first instance, and why people don’t follow them while they go to fashion week. I am not interested in fashion week, I never followed one and I don’t actually care for big expensive brands, neither!

22. Ashley says:

Though very important to me, fashion is just one component of my blog. When it came to covering fashion week, I covered it on the site that I freelance for and wound up not having much time to cover it on my own site. In the end I think it worked out. I’ve done NYFW roundups in the past, and as I am no Cathy Horyn, I don’t think it did much for me. I realized that so much of blogging has to do with the unique interests of the blogger. With so much coverage already focused on fashion week by bigger media outlets, it’s tough to steal some of that spotlight. I think the best way to cover it is to convert runway fashion into everyday fashion. Another question that comes into play is do blog readers think that far into the future about what they will wear?

23. This is a great post. The anecdotal evidence seems to point to the fact that readers are more interested in engaging with a personal style blogger than a fashion blogger.
    I put up a pinterest board of hats I enjoyed from Fall / Winter 2013 shows, but haven’t done a post yet. I find more traffic comes to a post outlining overall trends than one with a single Breaking News tidbit.

24. Lisa says:

Great post! I, too, was really excited to see Fashion Week posts when they first arrived, years ago. Now I avoid those posts like the plague, and don’t really post about it myself unless I see a trend pop-up that I think might interest my readers.

What did me in is that most of the bloggers have the same coverage of shows over and over and over again. Or they’re sending out Tweets, “OMG! My feet hurt but have to run to my next show!” This year it was, “OMG BLIZZARD but Fashion Week must go on.” Then there are the posts on “What to wear to fashion week,” “how to pack for fashion week,” etc. etc. It’s just getting so boring.

I guess my biggest complaint is that there just isn’t a diversity in coverage at all, and a lot of blogger’s posts/tweets/Instagram photos come off more as “humblebrags” than they do something that’s helpful or informative or even just interesting.

25. Tafari says:

This is a great read and I that my readers and followers are more interested in my experiences than what may be happening on the runway.

Ive been to NY for Fashion Week for the past 5 seasons as a photographer and it totally became less and less exciting and didn’t do much for my blog traffic.

The past season, I worked in a different capacity and Tweeted/Facebooked more about what I was doing and what I was wearing and my engagement was high, which I found a) interesting b) exciting.

February is probably my last time making the trek to NY for Fashion Week. It’s lost it’s luster IMO. Been there, done that….

26. Sydne says:

I always struggle with this one. I’ve been going to fashion week for years now and realize my readers care more about my outfits I wear to the shows than full coverage of the runway. So, like you mentioned with the Blonde Salad, I do both. I also break down the trends in an easy to follow guide, which my readers have found helpful. It’s really about finding what works for your audience.

27. Avatar of Monica

My readers prefer a resume of the trends, they don´t care about fashion shows. But I have pinterest boards so they can check them out. But I´m not blogging about fashion week. Probably if you are a big blogger your followers will be more interested.

28. First off, I don’t blog about Fashion Week anymore. I haven’t found an interesting perspective for it, and because of that, I don’t blog about it. If I did, my readers would just be bombarded with the same FW photos that everyone else is putting up…and nobody likes that!

Also, I know the author of this post and a lot of the bloggers leaving comments (including myself) would love to believe that our blogs are driven by our informational, fun and unique content, but I think most fashion blogs are driven by the “look-at-me” outfit posts. I find that my outfit posts (and I hear this from many other bloggers) get the most views and the most comments. When I blog about topics like transitioning your skin care regimen, reviewing a local boutique, or finding your blog voice, for example, these posts only get about half the views and comments as outfit posts (if they’re lucky).

This is also evidenced by a lot of the top fashion bloggers as well, who tend to feature “look-at-me” post after “look-after-me” post before actually writing something that makes you smile or laugh or just think.

So it’s a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario. We say we want fashion blogs to be more personal and in depth and blah blah, but the viewership doesn’t seem to be on the same page–we’re still paying more attention to the cute skirt in that outfit post. The numbers don’t lie.

29. As a blogger myself, I can say that I often find the weeks following NYFW to be pretty dull and boring. There are still some bloggers posting pics from the week. There are only so many times a person can look at pictures of the same shows. There is no “exclusivity” or “backstage access” anymore. Several bloggers post the same things and it takes the originality out of the blogger’s posts.

Futhermore, I don’t think people give their readers enough credit. I find that the most popular posts on my own blog are posts that showcase my own personal style or personal pics. People want to read about you. Fashion and Style are two very different things. I think “style” brings more engagement than “fashion” in my opinion.

30. My readers could care less about any Fashion Week, sometimes even the street style, unless its a really amazing image and looks like they can wear it themselves. Most of them just want to know how they can get the look. I took note of another article on here and will start spinning NYFW posts that way. I do not update my blog everyday ( my day job keeps me too busy)…but post as much as possible on FB and Instagram…my readers are visual and like pics more than anything, so as long as I do that I stay a relevant source to them on trends and such. It actually helps me figure out what are the best kind of post to put on my site. I dont have time to post everyday but want to make sure when I do its a relevant post. I find IFB articles very informative, btw…thanks for all the needed info on how to be better in this blogging world :-) !!

Rachel

31. I used to write about Fashion Week on my blog, some seasons ago, but it took up so much of my time and it wasn’t something I enjoyed doing. I thought that it was the right thing to do because since I work in the fashion industry, Fashion Week is the most talked about thing at this time of year, but it never garnered much interest from my readers, usually the least engagement posts compared to my outfit shots, so last season I only made one post of my favourite looks from the runway, which made it more personal and it got more interest, but this time around, I’m not posting anything on it. If people want to see the shows then they go elsewhere to sites like Vogue which have all the scoop on the shows, so your readers usually just come to your blog to see what you are up to, not what they can read elsewhere. Great article!

32. Avatar of Girl Loves Color

People can find Fashion Week photos everywhere nowadays. We don’t need yet another blogger posting photos from their front-row seat.

More interesting: curated coverage, thoughtful criticism of the clothing, and a spotlight on emerging designer shows and presentations that one might not find otherwise.

Case in point, Susie Bubble. She’s the only blogger I care about come Fashion Week.

Also, I mourn the fact that Fashion Week has become a time oversaturated with runway images.

There’s no more mystery or intrigue. It almost feels like Fashion Week isn’t that special anymore, because it seems like SO many people go and there are SO many photos of everything.

Plus, there’s always a fashion week going on now, whether it’s pre-Fall or pre-Spring or some international fashion week.

33. When it comes to covering Fashion Week this is the question that pops up in my head: Why spend time and energy getting people excited to look at a bunch of tall, stone-faced models walk from one end of a room alllllllll the way down to the other…all wearing outfits that are so far removed from one’s individual sense of style and ability to acquire the the REAL world that they’d need to spend hours working to translate it all into their own closet and onto their own body?

Meanwhile – how easy is it for a blogger to post a pic of herself looking happy and cute on a bike in the snow while wearing a wool coat and red hat that I could easily see myself in on a wintry day? :D

Fashion Week = 0
    Real Life Style = Win

34. Sabina says:

Woah. I am surprised (in a good way) to read an article like this on IFB which essentially says: “Fashion Week, we don’t need you. Love, Bloggers.” I am not surprised at all to hear about the dips in traffic and/or engagement during FW. It has after all gotten overplayed, and if we’re all being honest going to the shows seems to be less about the readers than it is a badge of honor for the bloggers. Especially if they’re new to the world of major event coverage. I have to roll my eyes when I see posts that seem to say, in one form or another, “Oh, another day, another three shows to attend and then more FW events and parties. I can’t say which ones now. But I’ll be sure to share photos with y’all when I get around to it. In the meantime here’s a pic of my latte with a Chanel logo shaped swirlie.”
    Yeah… I’d rather see shoe and outfit posts (provided they’re good ones) over blogger 456,785′s extensive runway coverage.
    Full disclosure: I’ve covered Fashion Week, last fall actually, for the community newspaper I work for rather than my personal blog. So the angles were relevant to that audience: One story was on which local businesses were offering freebies and deals on Fashion’s Night Out. Another story profiled a local designer.

35. Sabina says:

BTW Here’s a quickie sketch I did depicting a typical scene outside the shows. No clue if it’s accurate since I didn’t go to any, but… *Shrugs.*

36. if the readers were also more aware that it is basically a walkway that goes to the fashion of the future and that is a street style that we see what they will use later in their time, when fashion is still hot, or decay, they ai oh yes, would see with other eyes of the posts of such fashion weeks. the issue is also that not all readers are so fond of fashion as much as you, and this has to change things …
    http://www.piasoeunamoda.com/ ^.^

37. Adela says:

Interesting article. I’ve noticed the same.. Readers prefer outfits posts the most, rather than fashion week coverage.
    Adela

38. SJP says:

Interesting topic and it’s great to see some hard examples, like the Instagram stats. I think it comes down to relevancy – if a blog mainly posts high street based outfit posts then a theatrical fashion show may not resonate with it’s readers. However if it is a London (or NY, Paris etc) based blog that focuses on high end fashion, designer profiles and the like then the readers will probably be more eager to read about coverage from the shows.

39. Jennine, you read my mind with this post. I haven’t killed myself to make it to Fashion Week in the three seasons during which I’ve been blogging, because it just doesn’t tie into my business. If I was free & not busy it would be super fun. But it doesn’t have any application to my readers or clients, or any monetary value to my business. So I’ve forced myself to be honest that a primary motivation for going, beyond the fun, would be to “look cool” on social media. For a second. Which is not worth 3-4 hours of my night. And I’m fascinated by the data above showing that my followers might not even think it’s all the cool in the end anyhow. An absolutely fabulous post!

with grace & gumption, Hilary

40. Daria says:

I think everything depends on the purpose of your blogging. Looking around one can realize that there are lots of people who has personal style and thanks to such adorable and affordable brands as Zara, H&M, Urban Outfitters etc. young people dress really cool. It means that it a hard thing to make someone`s blog special, to put something extraordinary and unusual in it, something that attracts people and makes them keep following you.
    I don`t have an opportunity to visit fashion shows just yet, but still I can read see images from runway, post them in my blog and share my thoughts, my opinion about new collections and new ideas (with the note that photoes are not mine, of course). I do it because the work of designers amazes me and I`m interested in fashion journalism as well. I believe that every fashion blogger is less or more depends on the trends presented during Fashion Weeks, that`s why it`s so important to observe Fashion Weeks.

41. Chantelle says:

I must agree. I always skip over fashion week posts because if I’m interested in a collection I can just visit Style.com for better images, and the complete plethora of looks. I have to be honest, even some of the outfits ultra popular fashion bloggers wear to NYFW or PFW are a little too out there. I tend to like more realistic pieces that I can wear daily, or classy looks that will transition through various seasons. But that’s just my preference. Many fashion students would love content like that.

42. Claudine says:

I’m just bored with personal style or Fashion Week “street style” blogs. I prefer real in the streets personal style blogs for inspiration. I noticed that many bloggers promote brands around the same week (so obvious & plain shady). It’s so evident. Besides I am from & live in Paris and that is enough street style inspiration for me and not the desperate clown seeking to get photographed for Fashion Week circus with its “street style” photographers that love to present Parisian faux street style.

43. Blade says:

My traffic doubles during fashion week to about 2 weeks after. I shoot candid street photography street style out side of the tents and other shows. I though that getting into shows would increase traffic but there are typically less hits on those pages than outside the shows. I think because there is such a huge amount of info, images etc. coming out from the runways shows on regular media, blogs, digital mags, etc. it is overload and becomes excessively redundant and packaged. The views outside are still individual. Perhaps that is why the candid street style is still getting more attention on the blog. I don’t even bother with credentials any more.

Blade
    The Urban Vogue

44. Avatar of Ambitieuse
    Ambitieuse says:

This is so interesting, and it comes to show how my perception of this was wrong!
    I was sure, that the Fashion Week season brought the biggest traffic & engagement to fashion blogs… for some reason I thought that anyone who is comitted enough to fashion by reading several fashion blogs, would be interested and excited to get a peek of the oh so famous month…
    Not that I get invited to any show, but it’s good to know!
    xx