Ooooooooohhhhhhh. Ooooooooooohhhh. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH.
Did that scare you? I didn't think so. Halloween is the first holiday of the “season” and while you may leave your Halloween costume to the last minute, skipping out on the Halloween festivities on your blog can be a missed opportunity for both you and your readers. Even if you're not the Martha Stewart type of celebrator, or the kind of person who dresses up as “themselves” for Halloween, there are ways to get in on the holiday and have just as much fun as you would in real life.
Last Minute Halloween Blog Posts
- Run a List of Your Favorite Horror Films: Even if you can't stomach scary films, there's always The Nightmare Before Christmas!
- Run a List of Your Favorite Halloween Music Videos: Thriller, Dancing With Myself, whatever Lady Gaga video is creeping around, this post can highlight the spooky talent in music videos.
- Share Old Halloween Costumes: Even if you haven't celebrated Halloween since you were five, share your old pics!
- Run a “Halloween in Your Closet”: Presuming you have clothes, you can throw together some amazing posts with what you already have!
- DIY Tutorial of a Halloween Costume: Cat ears, Devil Horns, Bats flying around… everyone does a little DIY for Halloween, why not share yours on your blog!
- Post a Halloween Recipe: Pumpkin Cookies, brains, whatever you're serving for Halloween, share the recipe!
- Make a Fashion-Jack-O-Lantern: Anna Wintour can make a scary Jack-O-Lantern!
- Write a “What You Can Learn From ____________” Post: There's a lot you can learn from Halloween, Horror Films and all things spooky!
- Write a “How Fashion Can Save You From Freddie/Jason/Zombies/Vampires, etc.: Even if it's how to kill a Zombie with stilettos!
- Ask Your Readers to Share Their Halloween Costumes: Great way to engage your readers!
- Share a spooky story from your life: Did you ever living in a haunted house, see a ghost, have a premonition?
- List Halloween Events in Your Area: Let your readers know what's going on!
- Create a Halloween Gift Guide: Gifts for Halloween? Why not!
[Image Credit: Portland Mercury]