A while back we talked about adding a newsletter to your blog. After a lot of thought, I've decided IFB would be incomplete without it's own newsletter. But I didn't want to start it without telling you about it, and I certainly didn't want to start it without asking you what features you would like in the IFB newsletter. Merely sending out a newsletter with stuff you can just find on the blog would be a little redunant, and I really want to make it something you would want to read in addition to the site. Here are some of my ideas.
1. Newsletter will run once a week.
2. Summaries of the weekly posts & new features
3. A few highlights from Links à la Mode
4. New Members
5. Anniversaries once a month- For blogs celebrating one or more years.
6. Resources, ie. Giveaways, new sites, sales etc. These will likely be sponsored links, and they will certainly go through a quality control, all pertaining to what will add value to your blog. I haven't approached anyone as of yet with this, but it's an option I'm looking into.
7. A featured question from the forums… get your questions answered!
8. Blogger spotlight?
I know this seems like a meaty newsletter… and I just really want to make it valuable to you, and help generate traffic and awareness not just for IFB but to you as well. I'll try to keep it brief or easily scanable, so you can find what you are looking for. I have and always will protect your email addresses, and I'll only send out information which may be useful to you.
If you don't want to recieve the newsletter, then you can just leave a comment, and I'll make sure that you don't get entered in the database, and unsubcribing will always be an option. Just know that if you're not in my database, I can't let everyone know when you have a birthday, nor would it feel right to post you in a Links a la Mode highlights, or a Blogger Spotlight when other bloggers are participating.
The newsletter is going to be launched next week, so if you have any questions, or suggestions, then please let me know! So far I've only got about half of you in my database, but hopefully that will be changed by the beginning of the year. Leave a comment if you want to make sure you're in the database to recieve the first newsletters!
I really look forward to this next step in developing IFB into an essential resource, there is certainly more on the horizon!
Image by TanakaWho