The Dress Up Soirée Contest!
For those of you who attended the Dress Up Soirée on September 14th, 2009… we have a special contest for you… We have set up a Dress Up Album in the IFB network, and if your photo gets the most votes, you will win one of the following prizes.
We've decided since not everyone has a photo of themselves taken AT the Dress Up Soiree, and that it would be unfair to only include those who did make it, we've decided to open the Dress Up Contest to the whole of the IFB community. So, if you attended the party fantastic! There may be a great photo of you in the Dress Up Soiree album, if not, then you can add your photo either of what you DID wear to the party or what you WOULD wear if you could make it!
Here is how you enter…
- Log in to the IFB Network. If you forgot your username and/or password, click here to request them.
- Join the Dress Up Group
- Go to the Dress Up/Evolving Influence Album on IFB, and find a photo with you in it. If we didn't get you, or if you have a photo you would prefer to use, then upload it to the group. You can upload an image by ‘Add Photos to Album‘ in left sidebar. NOTE: your photo MUST be taken AT the Dress Up Event 09/14/09 in NYC.
- Claim your photo by commenting on it, and let us know (a)what you're wearing and (b) your blog name/URL
- Get your readers, your friends, your family to vote for you! You don't need to be a member to vote! Just click on the hearts ❤❤❤❤
The voting software works best with the most current browsers: IE8, Firefox 3.5.3, Opera, Chrome, Safari. Only one vote per image per IP address is permitted.
- Whomever gets the most votes (the top 9 most voted bloggers) by Friday, October 9th, 2009 will get one of a selection of these prizes you can keep for yourself or use for a giveaway on your own blog….
The Dress Up Prizes….
1. Two winners each get a Windows phone!
Two winners will receive Windows phones equipped with the new Windows Mobile 6.5, which comes out on October 6. The phones offer a variety of new features and services including My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile (aka mobile application store) with designer themes from Diane von Furstenberg, Vera Wang and Isaac Mizrahi, among others. Special thanks to Debbie Anderson from Microsoft’s Mobile Communications Business for providing these prizes and for sponsoring the Dress Up Soiree! Check out her fabulous look from the soiree by NYC-based designer, Gilles Montezin.
2. One prize from Emma Carroll etc. & Moxsie!
Moxsie, our other generous sponsor for the Dress Up Soiree, has provided a lovely prize on behalf of indie designer, Emma Carroll! Special thanks to Julia Kung from Moxsie for her continuous support of IFB. Check out her soiree look comprised of all indie designers pulled from Moxsie (her necklace is Emma Carroll too!).
3. One item of clothing from Francis by Christian Francis Roth!
The prize is a credit from Francis, good for one in-stock clothing item of your choice. Francis, the spirited contemporary collection designed by Christian Francis Roth, is rich in playful detailing, fresh color and offbeat charm. These collectible clothes offer a happy, eclectic and modern look for the girl who seeks to express her individuality and sense of humor. All the members of the Francis team are big fans of Independent Fashion Bloggers. Good luck!
4. One winner gets 3 items from SPUN Clothing!
If you haven’t heard of Sara Seumae of SPUN Clothing, prepare to fall in love with her amazing 100% organic cotton pieces. She blends style and eco-friendly by offering flattering basics designed to hug and lift in all the right spots. She’s generously donated three pieces to one lucky winner – a raglan pullover, a classic cardigan and a beater tank (they fit like spanx!). You can see more of her collection on Moxsie and get to know Sara on her Twitter via @choosespun.
5. $100 e-gift certificate to the Manhattanite Shop!
One person will walk away with a mini online shopping spree courtesy of online clothing and accessories boutique, Manhattanite. Jeanette Silvestri, the owner of Manhattanite who is also a huge supporter of Independent Fashion Bloggers (check out the shop’s blog, which has several contributors from IFB), has graciously donated a $100 e-gift certificate to the shop! Visit www.shopmanhattanite.com to check out her latest selection of contemporary designers!
6. One print by Danny Roberts!
Danny Roberts, a brilliant illustrator who is also a member of IFB via his blog, Igor and Andre, has contributed a 17” x 22” fine art print from his collection, signed and dated! For those who haven’t seen his work, along with fashion icons and other inspiring pieces, he’s created masterpieces of fashion blog muses like Susie Bubble, Camille of Childhood Flames, Geri of Because I’m Addicted and BryanBoy, to name a few. Check out his Etsy shop and his online gallery of blogger portraits.
7. One custom tiny top hat by Mischief, My Dear!
Are you dreaming of tiny top hats? Well you should be! Our very own Ashe Mischief has generously offered to make one lucky winner a custom, one-of-a-kind… tiny top hat. Horray! It's perfect for Halloween, New Years, Mardi Gras…or just plain getting out of the house. She has lots of examples of what she can do in her darling Etsy shop, Mischief, My Dear.
8. A goody bag from the Dress Up event!
Finally, our last prize includes a loot bag from the event including Benefit Cosmetics Bad Gal Lash mascara and Benetint lip balm, promo codes and store credits (for Equinox, 365 Hangers, Moxsie, Ideeli and Cosabella), Starbucks Via instant coffee and a copy of The Denim Field Guide, a hilarious mini book from IFB member Winona Dimeo-Ediger of Daddy Likey.
(top photo by Dustin Fenstermacher)