Blogger Spotlight : The Clothes Horse

This week's Blogger Spotlight goes to the darling Rebecca of The Clothes Horse! She's such a wonderful person, and always been soo great at commenting on other blogs while she's run her own successful and whimsical blog. It's such a treat to stop by and see pretty pictures from the countryside, it's like a trip out of town.

Nominated by Snapshot Fashion, Annie, Cali Vintage, Intrinsically Florrie and Rhitbee.

Why did you start blogging?

I wanted a creative outlet and a way to connect with people of similar interests. I was attending college in a rural school in PA and studying business, so there weren't a lot of peers around me to connect with on fashion or art.

What is most inspirational for you when blogging?

To know I'm making this record and something lasting out of mundane little moments and making a day worthwhile by living out your inspiration. My blog is sort of an excuse to visit wonderful places and explore new ones–it is how I want to live, but since the blog I felt I had a reason to…go down by the shore in heels. When I first started reading blogs I thought, “these people lead such beautiful lives” and then I started my own and my thought became more of, “your day is what you make of it.” On my blog I collect inspirations in one place and then they really start to affect my personal style, my activities, my life.

Describe the type of man or woman who would love The Clothes Horseโ€ฆ

I think The Clothes Horse is really just for creative people. They don't have to like fashion, they definitely don't have to enjoy shopping, but maybe they are intrigued by art and the beauty of nature. A creative description of a potpotentialader could be:
The girl who loves The Clothes Horse is very pale because she spends most of her time indoors on the computer connecting with other strangers and researching obscure fashion plates from the 1800s. She's fascinated by the wilderness, but can really only handle a few moments outside. She dyes her hair a vivid shade of red in homage to her favorite artist Tiziano Vecelli and owns at least 100 pairs of heels but only ever wears flats. Her passion for blog reading comes from her inquisitive nature and a desire to really know what other people are thinking…

Choose the next Blogger Spotlight!
Do you have a favorite blogger? Nominate! It will make their day (and weโ€™ll post a link to your blog for being so kind).
Place your nominations here.

1. lisa

I’ve been reading and enjoying The Clothes Horse for what feels like eons now and can’t praise Rebecca enough. Her blog is a beautiful space, she’s an impeccable photographer, and her wardrobe remixes are always inspiring. Great spotlight choice!
    .-= lisa´s last blog ..m0851 Undergoes Spring Cleaning =-.

2. Vickie

The Clothes Horse is one of my all-time favourite blogs! I read it daily for inspiration.. I can’t think of a more worthy blogger than Rebecca to be spotlighted here, and I’m so glad that she was chosen for the honor! Love you Rebecca! xx
    .-= Vickie´s last blog ..the clothes make the man… =-.

3. amy

Oh! I’m a recent convert of The Clothes Horse. Her blog is pure goodness. In fact, I think I fit her envisioned reader fairly well: pale skin, hair dyed red, only I don’t have quite a hundred pairs of heels, and I do wear them, or flats or wedges– I can’t discriminate.

4. tracee

thesnailandthecyclops.blogspot.com ๐Ÿ™‚ she would be great for this!
    or alix from the cherry blossom girl!

5. Sarah Dee

Ive been reading the clothes horse for a long time and I love it =) Its beautiful and inspiring and a little bit of art added to my day, When I read what you wrote about what you thought your reader was like I laughed out loud! I then read it to my friends who asked if you were writing a post specifically about me. Pure Genius!!

6. pigsy

she’s my favorite blogger OF alll bloggers <3, plus she's inspiring for petites like me <3<3 love rebecca !

7. Eva

Well deserved spotlight! I think Rebecca’s an amazing blogger, her everyday-dear-diary tone with a splash of beautiful quotations and posh is so refreshing. And her blogs makes us feel like we have known her for years! I have been reading The Clothes Horse religiously since I found it last year. Her remixes remind me that I don’t have to be a shopaholic to be a fashion blogger. ๐Ÿ™‚

Congratulations Rebecca! Very well deserved spotlight indeed. <3
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Inspiration Blogs for March =-.

8. Rita

Rebecca is the Blogger of the Bloggers, The Virtual Lady of All Virtual Ladies, she is such an inspiration!

9. TracyAnn

I love Rebecca’s blog–it truly is whimsical. The beautiful, vivid images are always a treat to view. The description of the type of reader she envisions for her blog actually sounds a bit like me, lol! (although I’m of the slightly older variety ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    Congrats Rebecca! Keep up the good work!
    .-= TracyAnn´s last blog ..Thrifting wish list =-.

10. SwanDiamondRose

oh my goodness! what a wonderful description of who reads The Clothes Horse. and true! i’m pale, have the heels, love the outdoors but don’t manage much time out there, i time travel down rabbit holes looking for fashion inspiration online and so on. anyway, The Clothes Horse, i’m a fan ๐Ÿ™‚ and for some reason really love the photos of you looking out over the water the most these days. they remind me of something, and it drives me nuts that i can’t remember.
    .-= SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..a few things i thrifted yesterday [2] =-.