Time Management For Your Social Media Networks

by Nubia's Nonsense

I don’t know about you, but if I don’t have a list in front of me everyday I am very scattered brained. I do end up getting work done, however I don't feel it's to my full potential and it ends up taking a lot longer than it should have. As a blogger there are tons of methods I utilize to get the word out about my site: Twitter, Facebook, Chictopia, Lookbook.nu,Tumblr, Instagram (one of my newer favorites) and that's not even the end of the list. To keep good relationships in all these networking sites, it’s imperative to keep them constantly updated. Keeping these updated can be rather… draining? Especially if you don’t blog full time and you’re coming home from a hard day of work to get everything done. We’re not robots after all. This brings me to my point.

Organization and Time Management are Key.

Time is not your friend! It goes by extremely quickly and if you don’t treasure it, it shows no mercy no matter who you are. It’s extremely easy to get distracted while you’re on your computer and if you don’t have some sort of set goals, You will probably end up compromising valuable time.

As of late I’ve been fond of the task manager Wunderlist. It’s amazingly easy to use. You can create an account or you can log in via Facebook. This online task manager is also I-phone, I pad, Andriod, Windows, and Mac friendly #score. It has cute themes to choose from for your visual pleasure and lets you plan by day, week or you can add your own dates. You can always use your phone as your planner or use a hand written planner, But I like playing and exploring with new programs. This is something I’ve been using for my social network time management and I thought I'd share my method. I simply keep it open in a tab and reference back to it from time to time.

(Click on image to enlarge)

The list I have above is an example. But if I have 6 hours to work with, This is my usual method.

• 2 hours publishing existing post and drafting post for the week. Also figuring out how or where I'm finding content for future post.
  • 1 hour dabbling with Twitter and engaging in coversations as well as finding material for my instagram.
  • 1 hour checking my emails and replying to people. Also creating emails to people I want to get in contact with.
  • 1 hour updating my Chictopia, Lookbook.nu, and IFB. Adding friends and perhaps participating in forums.
  • 1 hour catching up on my favorite blogs and helpful reading WWD, Cutblog, Problogger, IFB, NYtimes, Etc.

Do I have 6 hours to give my blog everyday? Absolutely not. I wish! I do not blog full time as of now. But If I only had 3 hours to work with, I would make the most of them. I guarentee that if you use time management effectively you will see a noticeable change in all of your social networks.

Image by meowsk

1. previously owned

This is really awesome! I use wunderlist on my iphone. Didn’t even know I could have it on my desktop! It’s definitely a great way to divide the day.

If blogging is only part time, it’s important to make space for engaging with readers and catching up on commenting back. Sometimes that’s the last thing on the to do list that gets rolled over each time. So, this is a great way to keep on check. Using the “one hour for this/two hours for that method” really works!

Thanks Nubia!

2. Kym

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing Wunderlist!! I just quickly checked it out and can’t wait to get started using it! xox

3. Christy L.

I think setting out chunks of time for managing social media is crucial. I really got burnt out checking my twitter and facebook fan pages a few months ago and have since taken a more strategical to assist me with my frustrations. Now I only allow myself to check twitter from my phone at certain times of the day (lunch break at work, for example) vs. trying to read every tweet in my timeline.

I’ve also found that getting e-mail alerts helps a lot so you can actively engage your followers and comment back vs. checking back on the sites for new comments ’round the clock.

4. Kimmiepooh

Really helpful tips! I created a calendar for myself on Monday because I felt like I was doing soooo much but I wasn’t being as productive as I could be. I have my personal blog, a blog I’m the manager of, and clients that I’m consulting with on THEIR blog (plus I work) and it just seemed like there wasn’t enough time to get things done. Carving out blocks (and designating them for certain projects) makes things much, much easier.

5. Eyeweardaily.com

There are some attention-grabbing closing dates on this article however I don抰 know if I see all of them center to heart. There’s some validity however I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more

6. Vogue & Vintage

OMG! I so needed this, I just created my account and added it to my iphone. I have taken on more at work and I find myself feeling sooo tired when i get home, plus I am 5 months pregnant so doing 8 hours at work (hard) coming home and doing 2 blogs, answering emails and wanting to sleep has been a challenge! THANKS A MILLION for this! Keep it coming~

xoxo,
    Vogue & Vintage

7. Marusya V

Its great to be able to see what other doing in terms of time management. As I personally always struggle with my posts… sometimes it may take up to 6-8 hours to prepare just 1 post (inlc draft, research, photos, editing, proof-reading, posting, etc). Not even sure how others can do a post within a couple of hours? Any ideas, lovelies?

8. amourette

this is so helpful! i’m definitely going to check out wunderlist. i make a million lists on paper but they get scattered all over. this might be better.

9. Elyse

Trying this app out today. Whats the learning curve for using it. The only other task app I have liked was Siri but it was slow as molasses.

10. TheFashionistaChic

I do have six hours a day to put toward my blog, but of course I am easily distracted. I appreciate this post I find it helpful and at least inspiring. .

11. Bckls

I’d be dead without my daily regimen/schedule and get absolutely nothing done without it and I also don’t have a twitter. Those things can be very distracting for blogging or simply general concentration. Time consuming.

-bckls

12. Fabi

Oooo, never heard of Wunderlist before. Thanks!
    I just started using Toggl, where I can even keep track of the actual time spent on each task with a timer. 🙂

13. Some Use Magic

Such a good idea! I’ve been getting a bit overwhelmed by finding time to work on my photography, update my blog and work full-time! Going to dign up now.