Photo by Nando M Alvarez
A few weeks ago on Pro Blogger there was a post titled Top 20 iPhone Apps for Bloggers . Taking his own advice from reading 31 days to a better blog, I decided to make a continuation post. I enjoyed reading the post and it was very insightful as to why these apps would be helpful and resourceful. However, I am not a tech blogger, I am not a mommy blogger, and I am a food blogger, I am a Fashion Blogger. I need certain types or inspiration and tools to keep me going through out the day.
I decided to add on 5 apps that I believe are helpful to fashion bloggers and weren’t on this list.
5 iPhone apps for fashion bloggers:
- Instagram: Most fashion bloggers I know with iPhones have been Instagram crazed for the last few months. It’s a fun app that lets you take and filter photos. I've seen some bloggers go as far as make a whole post with Instagram photos and they've done well with it. One of the perks of Instagram is that it can make a average photo look more artistic. Another convenient feature is that you can share your photos through Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and more. You can follow people whose photos you enjoy and keep up with them through your stream. Oh and to put the cherry on top you can add the URL to your site. (Free)
- Hootsuite: While Problogger did mention Facebook and Twitter separately, I would rather use Hootsuite. I tweet for both my @NubiasNonsense handle and @_IFB. I would hate to not be able to switch from one to the other. Hootsuite will also let you handle multiple Facebook accounts. I tend to like things that make my life easier, it’s already hectic enough. (Free)
- Xiamen Meitu Technology: This is a photo editing app that lets you add brightness and contrast when certain photos don’t come out to your liking. The only down side is that the app is in Chinese which was a bit confusing to me at first (since I can’t read it) but it’s quite obvious how to use it. It also allows you to add cute effects to photos such as sunlight, spots, little stars and more. Also, this program includes a variety of filters. (Free)
- Style.com: Need inspiration? Style.com has you covered. Check out the latest runways shows from NYC, Paris, Milan, and London. This app also gives you access to images of parties from around the world and to their video library. One of the perks for this app is that it keeps me current with trends, designers, and gives me outfit inspiration. Did I mention it stores of to 10 years of runway images? I could check out the year 2000 on it if I wanted to right now. This is an excellent app, maybe one of my favorites. (Free)
- Pinterest: Sometimes you have to step away from something to be able to see the bigger picture. I think Pinterest is an excellent app because it isn’t just fashion inspiration but inspiration in general (food, landscapes, pets, etc.). Make your own board and share it with others as they share theirs with you. (Free)
These are some of my personal favorite picks. I can go on for quite some time talking about more fashion apps but I’ll limit myself to these. Do you adore any apps that weren’t on Probloggers list or mine? Let me know I’d be very interested in hearing about it, I'm always searching for something new.