It's about that time of year where we all start going bananas, crazy, and yet freakishly overwhelmed with joy. New York, London, and Paris Fashion week are all coming up and it can be overwhelming for fashion bloggers. Coverage can be a tricky thing. How do I get into shows? Who am I emailing? How do I make a press kit? Do I need a new camera? I'm not very sociable, what do I do? How do I approach popular designers? How can I improve my blog? Should I blog for free? Can I contribute posts to a magazine for fashion week? You will probably have a ridiculous amount of questions floating in your head, especially if you haven't been blogging for long.
We try to cater to our community here at IFB. If we see a problem in the social media space we write about it, the same way if we notice fellow bloggers are having a problem, we write about it as well. We've noticed via Twitter, Facebook and emails you've all had some interesting questions about Fashion Week. We think taking a look back at some of our most popular posts will help answer any questions you may have.
Take a look at the links below. Read them, practice them, and you'll eventually see the results before your eyes. I think you will find them extremely helpful for covering New York Fashion Week and events in general EVEN if you can't be there in person.
Let us know if we missed something and by all means, feel free to post a link that you might have found helpful in the past.
The IFB Complete Guide to NYFW Blogging:
- 3 Easy Ways to Improve Your Blog in 2011
- 5 Ways to Establish Credibility
- Do You Need Press Credentials to Cover Fashion Week?
- Fashion Week Tech Survival Kit
- Get Out There – How To Cover Events Without Feeling Like an Idiot
- How to break the Ice at Events
- How to Contribute Articles to a Blog or Magazine
- How To Cover NYFW…When You Are Not There
- How to Create Your Media Kit
- How to Host an Event to Promote Your Blog
- How to Take Your Blog to The Next Level
- IFB Poll: Which gadgets do you use for your blog?
- LIVE BLOG: Business of Blogging
- LIVE BLOG: Rise of the Professional Blogger + Key Note Speech by Proenza Schouler
- LIVE BLOG: Who owns your content?
- My Anna Moment at #MILKFW
- New York Fashion Week: New Home, New Look, New Technology – Fashion GPS
- Should Bloggers Adopt a Code of Ethics?
- So You Want to Be a Professional Blogger
- The IFB Fair Compensation Manifesto
- Tips for Improving Your Street Style Photos
- Working With Companies: Asking for Compensation