How to Conquer Video Fear

Video fear is horrid. Let's be serious, Don't we all wish we could be naturals? Like most things in life, Practice makes perfect. Below please find some tips we seriously think can help. Listen to them and them think about them, put them to practice.

If you have any additional tips you'd like to add, please feel free to drop them below so we can get a conversation flowing.

Also, Subscribe to our Youtube channel HERE and stay up to date with IFBTV.

Till next time.

1. Fanny

I’m so new to blogging about fashion that it really hadn’t crossed my mind! So thanks for making it an option. Appreciate it.

2. Courtney

I think the number one knock about videos is that you can’t watch them at work! In this case, I will watch this later 🙂

3. Marcia

I really like this post! First of all, I always suffered from video fear, cause I’m socially awkward and stutter a lot when I’m nervous. I’ll try to make a video now, thanks for the tips 🙂

4. Daniela

Almost 2 years ago I tried to do some videos… but I abandoned the idea because of my camera fear.
    All this tips you mention are really good, thanks… and I think the most important thing is to keep trying and getting better with practice and time.
    I have done some music videos of me playing covers with my keyboard, but I still need to get better… I’m looking forward to make some new videos.

5. Aly

I’d like to ask about equipment. What is a good beginning setup that won’t break the bank? I’d like to get a small camera that has good sound quality. What do you guys use?

• Courtney

I personally don’t think you need a special camera when you’re just starting out. WAit to see if you actually like making videos with before dropping $200-$600 on a camcorder. Most point and shoots come with video now.

6. Paula

I’ve finally taken the first step and I am taking practice videos. I am getting over my fear quickly and my videos have so much more personality than my writing. ( I still haven’t found my voice yet after a year of blogging!)
    My problem is the sound on my regular camera. You can’t hear my voice unless I yell. I turned up the volume on the camera; to no avail. I find that other videos on blogs I can’t hear, and its very frustrating. I did hear yours tho. Aly also had a question about equipment. Any tips or maybe part 2 of the tutorial??

7. Kara

This was such a great video.. really good ideas. Recently, I’ve been thinking about possibly doing some videos for my blog, so I’ll definitely keep these tips in mind. I’ve never done any kind of video editing before, so that’s going to be a fun thing to learn and conquer. I’m excited to hear that you can change lighting and things in it.

Love your hair btw!! Really cute! And the video magic with your friend popping in was so fun, I lol’d 🙂

8. River Sun

Thanks for the video, i found it more about preparing oneself emotionally which is an important point to begin with,i would like to know more about the software that i can use to make the video there are many,what is the best one for a bigginer(less complicated more easy to use)?.