Are you perfect? Is your blog immaculate, mistake-free, and scheduled down to the minute? If so, hats off to you!
At IFB we encourage our community and ourselves to be the best bloggers we know how, because we love what we do and we want to be successful at it. We work hard, we keep up with our posts, we're animals on social media and we dress really well. It's our thing, right? Well just like any job (and blogging really can be or feel like a job), you're bound to slip up every now and again.
I'm not here to advocate laziness. If you really want to be a player in this field, you've gotta be on your game – all the time. Well, most of the time. The reality though, is that no one is perfect, so you're going to flub up sometimes. Blame it on laziness, blame it on Netflix streaming all four seasons of Gossip Girl, blame it on burn out. We have all been there!
Here are some of the little things we let slide every now and then, and if you do it too, shhhhh we won't tell!
It's totally alright if you…
- Start a post with every intention of finishing it, and never actually get around to it
- Buy something over the weekend just because you know it would look great in an outfit post
- Post something every now-and-then just because you feel like it, whether or not it has anything to do with what your blog is mostly about
- Go on vacation and “forget” to schedule guest bloggers and just let people wonder what on Earth might have happened to you for a week
- Make a spelling error and not even know until your dad emails you to correct you're to your
- Wear sunglasses in most of your posts because you hate how your eyes look in photographs without eye-liner
- View blogging like homework, and procrastinate accordingly
- Shut down Twitter for a few days just to remind yourself that the world keeps turning even if you're not getting the second-by-second play-by-play
- Do multiple outfit post shoots in one day then post them sporadically over the next few weeks as if they were totally different days
- Take a day… or two… or three off from blogging, tweeting, and Facebooking – just because
Embarrassing or not – do you ever commit these little sins of neglect? Share them with us, we promise not to judge!