Jennine wrote an amazing post, 31 Post Ideas for Fashion Bloggers. I have this post pinned on my bulletin board for days when I just think, “What the hell can I write about?”
Since there are always so, SO many things for fashion bloggers to write about, I just had to expand on it for my first post of 2012! My favorite way to use these tips is to pick the ones I don't do often. It breaks me out of a content rut, makes me think in new ways, and I can often learn a thing or two in the process!
20 MORE Post Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
- An era in history. A lot of fashion bloggers DON'T have fashion history degrees! Get elbow deep in some Wikipedia and text books and write about the clothing from some of your favorite periods.
- Who is your favorite historical figure? Marie Antoinette? Georgiana Cavendish? Geishas? Bonnie Parker? The world is full of fashionable women– share them all!
- Regional style of dress... who isn't obsessed with a dirndl or kimono? Why not take a look at the modern and historical fashion of other countries, share techniques used in construction, what they meant in society, and more?
- What about your favorite film or television character? How would you put together their outfits from attainable pieces, or interpret it for your own wear?
- How would you interpret your favorite singer's outfit? I love, love some Gwen Stefani style! But how does a regular girl translate her fab style in to her own life?
- Men! Most of us are focused on women's fashion– but when not switch it up? Post about your favorite men's styles, what's new for dudes, or create some controversy over kilts (love them or hate them?).
- Or alternately, share what your boyfriend wears! I always love a sneak peek in the “What I Wore” of the manly variety.
- Care, cleaning, and alteration methods! Many people don't know the best ways to care for their clothes–whether weatherproofing their shoes to scotch guarding purses and jackets. How do you care for your clothes to keep them in lasting condition?
- If I Were Another Girl (or Guy!)… we all have items we love that just aren't us. I can't and won't wear everything, but that doesn't mean I can't admire it! What would you wear if you were another girl…or guy?
- Share a runway style… that you just can't get enough of! Share how you'd work it in to your regular life.
- Or that inspiring fashion editorial. I don't share either often, but sometimes am way too overcome by a good one not to!
- What would your favorite comic book character wear? Or literary character?Reinterpret fantasy in to reality! I love putting together polyvore sets based on characters who inspire me.
- Girl crush on…. share the style of your favorite celebrity of the moment. I'm super crazy about Emma Stone right now– from how often she changes her hair color, how playful she is with make-up, and how she has super mad style. Who inspires you & how can you adopt that in to your own style?
- Your trials and tribulations of shopping. I hate jean & bra shopping. But when I have success in those areas? I want to share them! Share the epic journey of finding great jeans with your readers or reveal all of your hidden sources for great bras in plus-sizes. There's no reason to keep them a secret!
- Super steals and deals. I admit, sometimes I hide a really good deal I find online. Don't be shy though! Share those super awesome shoes you found at a rock-bottom price.
- Amazing independent designers. I love scouring Etsy or Artfire for amazing artisans. Help an indie designer out and share their products. Small businesses are such a valuable resource to every community, and sharing their store helps someone else succeed in their dreams.
- Amazing local designers! Every city has someone designing their own clothes. Find out who is local to your region and feature them.
- Reviews! Share your thoughts on that new Benefit mascara. On the members only sites like Jewelmint or Gilt, or those super trendy Jeffrey Campbell shoes everyone is talking about.
- Your routines. What's your method for getting dressed every day? What beauty products do you use daily? What products do you use for that luscious mane?
- What's in your bag? I love when this meme goes around– it's a super personal way to share your life. Do you have a huge key set, are you super organized, or are tampons and pennies floating around the bottom of your purse?
Over 50 ideas to get you brimming and brewing for the year to come. Take one each week and try it out as part of your blogging resolutions for the new year!