IFB Project #29: Start a 365 Photo Project

photographyphoto from: kuzma

At the beginning of every year, I wrestle with the idea of taking on a 365 Photo project. I start off with such enthusiasm but by mid-August, I lose all motivation. However, this year, I am determined to start AND finish my 365 photo project and you should too!

IFB Project #29: Start a 365 Photo Project

Not only is a 365 Photo Project super easy (hello, Instagram!) but you'd be amazed at how creative you can get when pushed to your photography limits. Instead of walking around with your eyes closed, every part of your day becomes a photo opportunity. You start to pay attention to your fashion accessories or that public garden right across the street, or the gorgeous outfits at a local boutique. Who knows, you might even meet a potential friend or crush!

To get started, all you need is a camera or your smartphone. Take a picture a day, and send that to your computer. Record your 365 photo project on your Tumblr, Twitter, Flickr, or Instagram account. By the end of the year, you will have a visual diary of 2012, documenting all the images you stumbled upon along the way.

Tip: if using Instagram, don't forget to use the hashtag #365photo or #adayinthelife so others can search and find your photo project.

Post your link below and give us a glimpse into your daily life!

1. Samar

I quite like this especially since it’s so easy to do with ones phone. The only thing is having read this now I’m shy of pics for the first 5 days of the year!

2. Charlotte Mushaboom

I started my Project 365 on New Years day. I’m aiming to post 365 photo with a caption (if not a hole post everyday on my blog πŸ™‚ Love having a new project to start!

• abi

hi Zhenya! let’s follow each other in instagram! πŸ™‚
      my username is abinavarrete. see ya!
      it’s really addicting haha

3. Angela

Love this post, and I want to thank you for writing this. Because sometimes when I have goals or things I plan to do, but for some reason I lose the excitement and forgot all about it. And I think I’m going to do this project, take a picture every day for this year. Thanks and hope to read more posts by you.

• abi

Hi jadee! same with me! I want more followers at Instagram and same with following too!
      my username is abinavarrete. see ya!

4. Ainslee

This is great! I haven’t participated in any IFB Projects so maybe I’ll start with this one. Pretty excited! I’ll have to put up a reminder where I can see it so I don’t forget.

5. Tatiana

This is such a great idea! I wish this had been posted before New Year so I was prepared! It would be a bit strange to start now… Maybe next year!

6. Ana

I started mine at the beginning of the year.

I have it as a separate page on my blog and also on my Tumblr since I had an account but didn’t really know what to put on it.

My blog 365 project is at:

My tumblr is at:

I am using instagram for some photos, but since one of my resolutions is to improve my photography skills and learn all the manual settings on my camera, I am allowing myself ANY means of photography for the project.

I am already following a some of you via instagram! Follow me back at:

Thanks-
    Ana

7. Mia

I’m 8 days late on this but I would love to do this project! maybe I’ll sart next month! But unfortunately I have a blackberry and there is no instagram for me πŸ™ Do you know any free software like instagram for blackberry?

8. Amy Tee

I say this to myself most years too.. I fail after about a day….. I suppose it’s easier to set yourself smaller challenges then work your way up, such as take a pic everyday for a week, then two weeks, then a month, then two months etc… before you know it,a year in the bag!

9. Charlene

I love this idea since I’m a wanna be photographer. Actually not, I just like capturing special moments that inspire or tickle me when they happen…I’m all in 365.

10. shikha yadav

i just started my visual diary on my facebook page :)http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.284843658231604.64091.278377328878237&type=3 hope u guys like it πŸ˜€

11. Lindsay Hale

I have a started a 365 day photography project focusing on the four main aspects of my blog: fashion, food, literature, and art. I plan on using my twitter page as the main posting place (my link is https://twitter.com/#!/VitaBeataEst ). I am also trying to incorporate my photography collages in there as well.

On my blog post today I also announced this project and an example ( vitabeataest.blogspot.com )

I’m excited to see how everyone’s projects turn out!!

12. Stephanie

I’ve been thinking about this, but I don’t think I’d be able to keep up with it. Plus, I feel like people get lazy and just start snapping random shots. Then each photo ends up not really having all that much meaning. But then again, there are the people who are persistent and achieve great photos every time.

13. Aleksandra

I once started this challenge but failed after two months πŸ˜€ It’s a cool idea but hard to do if you work at home, or get sick etc. But thanks for the encouragement, maybe I’ll try it again πŸ™‚

14. Aisha

I love this; I will try to keep up with this idea. It’s a great one, and to add to it for my own purposes I’ll just do a blog post at the end of each month showing my progress.

Great Project.

15. Vibeke

So much fun! I really want to do this πŸ™‚ Can anyone tell me if I can upload from my BB to Instagram or flickr? πŸ™‚

16. Karla

I’ve often started the 365 photo challenge & never finish! However, I’ve downloaded the app Photo 365 on iPhone. it’s a great app that keeps the photos organized.

I think I’m gonna start today! I’m going to do it on Instagram (@demureandchic) and link to Twitter (@demureandchic). I’ll highlight my weekly photos on Friday’s at my blog: http://www.demureandchic.com

Thanks for the idea!! Super excited!!

17. iisforisabel

This is a fantastic idea so I’m in as well! Can’t think of anything better as I got my iPhone 4s recently and downloaded Instagram so this is going to be addictive! My Instagram username is @Isabeltoujours and I’m on also on Tumblr under the same username. I’ll try to update my blog with this amazing project too at http://iisforisabel.blogspot.com/

Let’s start taking pictures, girls!

Isabel x

18. kanae

This is so cool. I am 12 days behind but better late than never.

Ironically, I just completed my vision board and photography was on there. I randomly started today with the snow. I can’t wait.

19. amelia

It’s a leap year, so you’ll have to follow mine using #366photo or #adayinthelife – starting today, Friday the 13th, the series will capture each day to January 13, 2013. View the project at… Tumblr: ameliaword.tumblr.com OR Twitter: @ameliaelisa OR Instagram: http://instagr.am/p/gzOQw/ (user name ameliaelisa)