Blogging thrives on community, and what better way to pay it back to your community and fellow bloggers than by sharing their work? It's super easy to get obsessed with sharing your own content, finding new readers, and increasing your own presence– and forget that sharing the content of others is JUST as important.
Many of my favorite blogs– and ones with substantial readers at that– always tend to share the wealth. They don't hoard inspiring posts or great sites. They promote the heck out of them!
Ways to Link to Your Fellow Bloggers… TODAY:
- Retweet your favorite posts on Twitter. It's quick! Just hit that RT button and share the love. Tip though: don't overwhelm your followers retweeting everything. Be selective and share your favorites. Don't share everything & everyone, hoping to increase your own chances of getting retweeted!
- Increase your presence on Facebook by sharing great posts. I love sharing great posts through Facebook, because it tends to reach a much different audience than Twitter.
- Create a link-up post! Share your favorite posts from the past few weeks, and why you love them so much. I TRY to do this at least every two weeks and admit I never get them up as often as I should.
- Repost the Links a la Mode Roundup. There are always tons of great links each week, and it's a great way to meet new bloggers.
- Share them on social sites…. like StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg. The best thing about these sites is how quickly they reach other eyes. If you love that dip dye tight DIY, make it accessible to others.
What You Get in Return…
- The satisfaction of supporting your favorite bloggers & the blogging community. Needs no explanation!
- Appreciation from the blogger whose posts you shared. (Trust me– even if we don't always say it, we ALWAYS notice when our content is shared– and it means so much!)
- Fresh eyes on your site. It's not unusual for people to say, “Hey, thanks BooBooPrincessKitten for sharing my link!” and in return, link to your Twitter page, your Facebook page, or site.
- Karma– and the increased likelihood of people sharing YOUR content. Karma's big in the blogosphere. People love those who give back and want to give in return. Pretty soon, you've got a big ole pile of love and giving going on– and it's pretty great!
If you're already an avid linker, how does it go for you? Do you love sharing the posts of your fellow bloggers? What's your favorite preferred method?