When it comes to cute photo gadgets, consider me obsessed.
I may not have a fancy camera (although I dream about splurging on a glorious Canon EOS 5D) but I have been known to stock up on all kinds of tech toys that promise to enhance my blogging experience and help me create better content. I'm not talking about fancy, complicated tech stuff either. These gadgets are simple and helpful. Trust me, I can't wait to use them at the next IFB Conference and Fashion Week. My life will be saved!
Which gadgets should be at the top of your shopping list? I picked out the top 5 that every blogger should have. Check it out:
- Folding Tripod: Attempting to get the best close-up shots of my outfit can be painful without a tripod. Who wants to see blurry close-ups? Not me. Instead, I use my tripod whenever I can and unlike the bigger, bulkier ones, this folding one is light and easy.
- White Balance Lens Cap: Let's face it: sometimes finding the best lighting to shoot your outfit shots is nearly impossible, especially during the winter months when you are cooped up indoors. Perfect for all SLRs, the lens cap includes neutral and warm white balance domes and is so easy to use, you won't believe it. Literally, just fasten the lens cap to your camera. DONE. Need to brush up on what white balance is? Head over here!
- Wireless Remote Shutter Release: It's a long name for such a simple gadget. But this remote really is a fashion blogger's best friend. In case your best friend/sister/husband/boyfriend/etc are busy, all you need is this super portable and compatible remote. Styling tips, not included.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 mm: What camera lens is hands down our favorite? The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens. This thing is AMAZING. It's cheaper than a f/1.4 but delivers the same high-quality shot. Plus, resident IFB Photographer Crissie Fuller claims its THE fashion girl lens. And so it is written.
- Lens Hood: With summer right around the corner, the season of overexposed photos has started. While you can't control the sun (frustrating, I know), with a lens hood, you can control the amount of brightness that sneaks into your camera. Sure, it won't completely block out all of the excessive light (that's what your camera settings are for) but it will prevent stray fragments of light from ruining your shot.
Thankfully, these tech gadgets aren't nearly as expensive as that fancy camera, which means I can stock up on more toys! Which gadget are you most excited for?
image from: Danilo Giulani in Grazia Germany via Fashion Gone Rogue