With all the buzz about Facebook's one billion dollar acquisition of Instagram (that's right – ONE BILLION) we've all been thinking about what the next hot photo sharing app will be. Here's our prediction –
We introduced you to Pose this fall – and have been striking poses ourselves ever since. As a quick refresher, Pose is an app that lets bloggers share their daily looks with their readers, and with brands (by letting you tag each piece in your ensemble with the brand name!) You can also follow all your favorite bloggers and personalities for fashion inspiration. (Get it here>)
I've personally become obsessed with Pose. I love posting outfits and geting instant feedback form readers and brands. It's also so helpful when I'm on the fence about buying a new piece – I just snap a pic in the dressing room as ask Pose. So, I'm very excited to share some exclusive news from the Pose team with you:
Pose has seen the likes of celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe grow her following to over 288,000 followers. And, in the last few weeks, they've seen many of their posers surpass their Twitter and Instagram followings on Pose!!!
- Man Repeller: over 132,000 Pose followers vs. over 67,000 Twitter followers
- Geri Hirsch: over 108,000 Pose followers vs. over 11,000 Twitter followers
- Coco Rocha: over 150,000 Pose followers vs. over 66,000 Instagram followers
- Style on the couch: over 87,000 Pose followers vs. over 2,000 Twitter followers
- Could I Have That: over 47,000 Pose followers vs. over 1,500 Twitter followers
- AJ Mukamal: over 39,000 Pose followers vs. over 11,000 Twitter followers
The list goes on and on. Celebrity stylist Logan Horne and E! host Catt Sadler also just joined their invite-only poser feed which includes brands like Theory, OPI, Helmut Lang, DKNYprgirl, Cynthia Vincent and Loeffler Randall in addition to over 100 fashion bloggers.
So How Can Pose Help You?
- Growth – With it's growing numbers Pose gives you access to a whole new audience, harness these new fans into readers and followers on other platforms
- Focus Groups – Test out outfits before you blog them, see which get the best response
- Added Value – Pose on line! Pose from Facebook! You don't just have to post poses via the app any more. You can upload to pose.com or pull photos directly from your Facebook feed and tag them on Pose!
- Build Brand Relationships – Do you have a few favorite brands that you always wear? Use your Pose feed to demonstrate your love if you pitch to one of those brands. (I've had a lot of interaction with brands I tag via Twitter because Pose adds their twitter handles when you share to twitter!)
Long story short – keep an eye on Pose. They are poised to be the next big thing in fashion technology!