2. Twitter – Don’t just tweet your link once and forget about it. Think about time zones, and when different people might be on-line, write a few tweets per post and spread them out over the day.
3. Commenting on Other Blogs – This is a great way to build connections with the blogging community as well as drive traffic. It’s not a guarantee the bloggers you leave comments for will visit your site – but it does up the odds and raise awareness about your blog.
4. Set up a Facebook page for your blog. Fill your profile as robustly as possible, with links to your other social media sites, your Tumblr, Twitter etc. Publish your post links and create galleries of out-take images.
5. Submit your best post of the week to IFB’s Links A La Mode.
6. Use StumbleUpon's discovery and social sharingtools to share your best posts and figure out what types of content people all over the world are reading, then apply it to your site.
7. Apply to or join a publishing network like Glam Media.
10. Post an Instagram or Twitter image “teaser” of an upcoming post, with a link to the post.
11. Reach out to one or more bloggers to have them contribute a guest post to your site, or pitch yourself as a guest post-er to one of your peers.
12. Make sure your blog is registered with Bloglovin’ so your site can be found and followed in this popular reader.
13. Twitter Part II: When you promote your post, “@” the brands you’re wearing or places you visited – anything that applies!
14. Use tags to organize your content within your site. For example, tag all your outfit posts with the same thing, then create a page at the top of your site that allows quick access to all those posts in one place. You can do the same for any repetitive content such as beauty, music, celebrity looks, etc!
15. Utilize Pinterest and share your blog posts with current and potential followers. Just make sure to use an eye-catching graphic to grab your follower’s attention.
16. Make sure your correct URL is everywhere it needs to be: Your Twitter profile, your Facebook fan page, your Instagram profile, Pinterest, and so on!
17. Promote your blog post on Tumblr with a colorful graphic or image. Just make sure the graphic links back to your original blog post!
19. Network within the IFB community! Reach out to other members and participate in the IFB Project each week.
20. Host a giveaway on your blog. This is a surefire way to attract readers, comments and followers, and increase site traffic. Read our best giveaway tips here.