When Google+ launched last September, we all rolled our eyes. Another social network? Oh boy, how ground breaking… It seems a lot of people shared our sentiments, and G+ has been slow to gain traction and attention. However, a recent re-design and the launch of a few new features make it worth a second look.
We recently had the opportunity to vist Google and get the low-down on how Goggle+ can help bloggers.
Here's what we learned.
Why is G+ beneficial to fashion bloggers?
- Circles allow them to tailor their messages to different types of fans, as well as allow for them to communicate with both their fandom and close friends/family all in one place.
- Hangouts and Hangouts on Air will allow them the chance to get personal with their fans and interact with them on a more intimate level.
- Search Plus Your World and Authorship will increase their visibility right from Google search, which most everyone uses as their primary source of information.
- +1s allow them the ability to see what individual fans are interested in more specifically, while Ripples let bloggers know how and where their content is being shared and what is being said about it.
How does G+ differ from Facebook?
Unlike Facebook which is very much a social destination, Google+ acts as a social layer over the web. Google+ is the integration of all Google products, and will only grow to become more spectacular from this point on. Their unique features including Hangouts and Circles, are also a major point of differentiation.
What are the best practices for bloggers on G+?
- Interact with other bloggers on G+. This will help you to spread the word about your own G+ presence.
- Add the badge to your blog and link your blog & other web properties to your G+ under the “Contributor to” section, under “About.” Adding the badge to your website and utilizing your Google+ will grant you authorship.
- Post unique content, often.