For those of us in the states, the unofficial start of summer, Memorial Day, has come and gone. Now is the season for us to get serious about our swimwear – even if we never dip a toe in the pool. This week's submissions were full of not only teeny bikinis and sunscreen, but cover-ups, sandals and genius styling ideas, too. Your posts are proof-positive that you're prepared for anything those lazy, hazy days of summer throw our way, as long as it involves a cool body of water.
Here are our 10 favorite submissions from Project #49: Make A Splash:
- Chiara of Not Daydreams: dreams rocks an amazing Ralph Lauren crochet one-piece
- Knocked Up Fabulous shows us her poolside necessities, which just happens to include the book, Mockingjay of The Hunger Games trilogy
- Crystal Eyes shares an aspirational summer outfit inspired by Anna Karina's character in Pierre Le Fou, a Jean-Luc Goddard film
- We agree with The Style Confessions' message to always wear the bathing suit type that looks best on you
- Linda of The Style Moodboard styles a casual, poolside outfit with pops of color
- Real Girl Glam has a simple but perfectly color-coordinated beach style
- Effortlessly Cool's Iron Fist Zombie bikini is uniquely fun and a definite conversation starter
- Librarian for Lifestyle gives us some tips on how to mix-and-match swimwear
- With Love Gabrielle illustrates that the color pink doesn't have to be restricted to those under the age of 4
- In Foodie Fashion gives us not 1, not 2 but 5 style boards full of summer trend essentials from beach totes to sandals
To see all the submissions click here and remember to check back on Saturday for the newest project!