If there's one thing that media people fear – it's being out of touch. You never want to feel like you're losing your edge or your ability to stay ahead of the next big thing. In the world of blogging, keeping up with the latest and greatest is both easy and difficult. New blogs pop up seemingly every minute – ready for consumption, but they can get lost within their own community!
We scoured the Internets this week to bring you just a small selection of some of the amazing up-and-coming bloggers in our community. Some have been flying under the radar for a while, and some are just getting started. Because of their high-quality content, great photographs and unique points of view, we think each of these blogs have the potential to rise up and become our new go-to style inspiration sources.
Check out 11 Style Blogs You've (Probably) Never Heard Of:
- On The Corner: Showcasing both men and women, this site features cool, inspiring street style out of Buenos Aires, Argentina (and has been since 2007!)
- The Marcy Stop: This very new blog (January 2012) is all about personal style and photography from two chic Brooklyn gals (we owe Court + Hudson for introducing us to this one)
- StyleQuotient: Street style with excellent photography by Paul Melo
- Classy Girls Wear Pearls: If you're part of the preppy set then you may know this blog well – Sarah Vickers posts gorgeous, scenic and stylish images of her quintessentially New England travels and ensembles
- A Go/Go: This Los Angeles-based style blogger adds character with the unique touch of song lyrics in her posts
- WolfCub: Her content runs the gamit from outfits to editorials, gifs and shopping tips – all with a fun, edgy twist
- Ladypants: From girl crushes like Estelle to outfit posts with serious retro flair – Marjon Carlos maintains a smart, witty and interesting dialog in every post
- Style Hurricane: A totally visual mix of lifestyle and personal style photography, we're totally inspired by could-be-a-model Estonian blogger Anni Jurgenson
- Stop It Right Now: This blog mixes minimalist personal style and editorial images, but always maintains a very conversational and personal tone
- A Girl, A Style: Full of sweet, feminine style and sparkling DIY projects, “the miscellaneous rose-tinted adventures and indulgences of an Australian girl living in London and Cambridge” is a great follow
- Tobruck Avenue: Kiara Shwartz sums up her pesonal style blog best in her own profile, “Born in Vancouver, raised in Switzerland now living the California dream.”