You know summer is officially here when the promise of fireworks and all-day long BBQs are on the agenda.
With it being the nation's Independence day, we figured it would be only fair to do a patriotic-inspired post. We just couldn't resist! Denim cutoffs, classic tees, vintage baseball hats, the ways to show off your pride (especially in America) in a stylish way are endless.Personally, we love a comfy pair of jean shorts because they are just right for a little beachside stroll and late-night grilling. We're also big fans of a striped shift dress too. How can we choose?
Based on your response to our Project #54, we take it that you love patriotic style too! Red, white and blue never looked so good. Here the top 5 submissions, based on their super festive holiday attire!
1. Blushing Black did a sleek red-white-blue combination that was dead-on. Anyone else love that red blazer?
2. Long Live Classy debuted red-white striped espadrilles. And we are now obsessed.
3. Jen Pinkson takes adorable patriotic-wear to a whole new level. Navy striped shorts, for the win!
4. Smile for Style rocks a red maxi and blue peter-pan collar, great for an evening under the stars and fireworks.
5. Lemons and Loafers gives us the ultimate Fourth of July collage, with a bathing suit and white denim shorts that we are seriously swooning over.
Happy Fourth of July everyone and if you live outside of the states, we'll be eating a hot dog & lighting fireworks in your honor.Image credit: Thomas Northcut for Free People, Jen Pinkston and Denise Crew