This is the next post in a very exciting series we’re bringing to you on IFB in anticipation of the upcoming #IFBcon. Each day in the month of August, we’ll have a different post designed to help your blog become – you guessed it – bigger, better and bolder.
If there's one topic we seem to harp on a lot over here, it's photography. We're fanatical about encouraging everyone to use all their available resources to make their blog's images the best they can possibly be. We tout the great results you can get with a DSLR, but we also want to highlight making the most of your Instagram photos or using your editing tools on your images, no matter what kind of camera has taken them.
With about three weeks to go before #IFBcon (have you bought your ticket, by the way?) it's a perfect time to brush up on your photography. Brush up on your skills now, so when you're out and about in New York, shooting street style at Lincoln Center or snapping candid moments at the conference, you'll have a treasure trove of amazing visuals to accompany your content.
Instead of pretending I'm the great photography expert of the bunch, I'm going to present you with the best and most helpful photography posts from IFB on everything from shooting to editing and beyond!
From our most recent ‘101' series:
- Your Camera's Lens
- Know Your DSLR Dial
- 10 Tips for Clarifying Composition
- 13 Tips To Know About Your ISO
- 9 Things You Need To Know About Apperture
Great photography posts from the past:
- Back To Photo Basics
- How To Take Your Own Outfit Photos
- How To Photograph Your Personal Style
- Photo Copyright Tips For Bloggers
- Going the DSLR Route: Bloggers Share Their Favorite Digital Cameras
- 10 Apps To Boost Your Instagram
- 4 Reasons the Point-and-Shoot Is Obsolete for Fashion Blogging
- A Guide To Using Your DSLR for Bloggers
- 3 Tech Tips For Blog Photos
- 5 Tips For Taking Photos in Low Light
- DSLR & iPhone: Pros and Cons
Editing Your Images:
- IFB's Favorite In-Browser Editing Tools
- Optimize Your Instagrams
- Photo-Blogger Faves: Editing Tools From Photoshop
- Bloggers Share Their Photo-Editing Tips
- 5 Quick and Easy Photo Processing Tips For A More Beautiful You
Street Style Photography Tips:
- Tips For Improving Your Street Style Photos
- Should You Be Shooting Street Style On Your Personal Blog?
- Professional Blogger Spotlight: Mr. Newton
- Awesome Photography Tips from Mr. Newton, Vanessa Jackman and Citizen Couture
The ‘Making Your Images Pop' Photo-Processing Series:
To get your tickets, head to the Eventbrite page and buy either:
Regular One-Day Pass: $125
Regular Two-Day Pass: $185
Corporate/Non-IFB Member Tickets: $600