From research to keeping up with brands to seeing what the IFB community is up to, I spend a lot of time on Instagram. It's not surprising, considering how much of a visual person I am. Ever since Instagram started years ago, I was on board and loved how it has been able to bring real moments from around the world into my world. All through a small screen. From all my time on Instagram, I have noticed a few things about the Instagram user and what he/she likes.
I figured it might be funny and educational to learn the habits of an Instagram user, especially if you are looking to grow your fan-base and increase likes on each ‘gram. Take notes and get ready, your fans are waiting!
1. Cats: Who knew that cats were such a big thing? Apparently cats were made for social. Honestly, I see photos of cats like this and this and they rack up serious likes. Why? Because they are cute and cuddly. Who wouldn't fan a at ‘gram?
2. Doughnuts: The Internet has a serious addiction to doughnuts. What is it about these fried, sweet things that make us go weak in the knees and hit the “like” button? I guess we all need a little sweet treat each day and who are we to deny that? (Doughnut-gram, doughnut-gram).
3. Nails: Nails were made for Instagram apparently. Easy to digest, likeable and totally graphic, nail art is easy to share and fans go crazy for it.
4. Anything Karl-Lagerfeld inspired: Listen, I get it. The Karl is such a fashion personality. He is fun to watch, even more fun to laugh at (or with). And who doesn't love his kookiness?!
5. New York: I may be biased but I consider New York to be the best city in the entire world and I think the Internet agrees with me. Instagram users like NewYorkCity are able to gain 500k Instagram followers by simply showing the beauty of the city to everyone. And you know what? I get it. Bold, bright and always vibrant, Instagram users have a serious crush on this city.
[portfolio_slideshow]What do you think about the Instagram user's behavior? Have you seen a trend on Instagram that we should mention? And more importantly, which is your favorite kind of Instagram?