Blogging about holidays isn't only fun for your readers, it's also a great way to broaden your content and try something new. With Halloween just around the corner, here's 11 “out of the box” ways to get your blog on — spooky style.
1. Write about your favorite scary movies and their awesome outfits. Personally, I always found the twins in The Shining particularly fashionable.
2. Haunted houses always have amazing stories attached to them. Go to your local haunted house and tell it's scary tale.
3. Photograph an outfit post while you're on a hay ride. It's a fun way to change up your typical background scenery (unless of course you regularly take outfit post photos in hay).
4. Halloween is a holiday synonymous with creative parties. Share a recipe of your favorite ghostly cocktail or eerie snack.
5. Not only is Halloween about dressing up yourself, but also about dressing up your house. Give a DIY tutorial on making your pad extra creepy.
6. Everyone wants to dress up on Halloween, but not everyone wants to spend the time and effort buying an outfit. Give some costume ideas you can make out of your wardrobe.
7. Oxblood anyone? Give your nails a supernatural touch with a nail art tutorial. Your readers will find it boo-tiful. (See what I did there?)
8. If beauty products are more your thing, show off the best products to take off that gunky costume-y make up after the party's over. Your audience will be grateful.
9. Tell a spooky story and trick your readers. Start off in the first person about how you were sitting alone writing
10. Create a super scary music playlist, but think outside of the typical “Monster Mash.” How about a little “Psycho Killer” by The Talking Heads instead?
11. Pull out the ol' glue gun and do a DIY of how to make a cool mask. (Aka the easy way out of a Halloween costume.)
What are some ways you blog about Halloween?
[Psy Opa polyvore via]