Everyday, IFB creates and shares content designed to help, inspire and inform the fashion blogging community on a variety of topics. We are looking for an Editorial Intern for the Spring semester, starting in mid-January, 2013 to join our team. We want someone who shares our love for online media, fashion and blogging, and has a passion for the written word.
Along with shaping our daily content and engaging with our community, this intern will play a major role in helping plan and execute the semi-annual IFB conference, including research, press outreach, promotion and event planning.
Our perfect candidate:
- Is first and foremost a strong and articulate writer
- Writes, edits, photographs and manages a personal blog (encouraged but not required)
- Is an excellent verbal communicator with great organization skills and a strong work ethic
- Has a working knowledge of a variety of media outlets (including fashion, lifestyle and beauty blogs) and social media platforms
- Is familiar with the WordPress blogging platform
- Loves events and Fashion Week
- Studies / studied English, Journalism, Communications or PR in college
- Is located in the New York area
Responsibilities will include:
- writing 3 – 5 posts per week for IFB
- assisting the Features Editor with research, editing and community outreach
- contributing fresh and exciting content ideas in weekly meetings
- assisting with events, appointments, photo shoots, etc.
- brainstorming blog posts and monthly promotions
- helping to monitor our community forums and make sure content that is being posted is relevant and engaging
- miscellaneous tasks as assigned
The internship is paid and will last for 3-6 months. The intern will be required to come into the office 3 days a week, working 15 hours a week. If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 writing samples (professional and personal accepted) to [email protected]
A leader in the fashion blogging and digital marketing industry, Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) is an digital publishing platform that helps bridge the relationships among bloggers, influential leaders, fashion designer and brands.