The Fashion Blogger’s Guide of Who to Follow on Twitter

shutterstock_137982326

With millions of users, Twitter can be overwhelming. Sure, you can use hashtags, lists and directories to find interesting people to follow, but that can get time-consuming or lead you in the wrong direction. Or, you can use this guide! In this guide, you'll find accounts that are interesting, informative and engaging. So whether you're new to Twitter or want to follow more fashion and blogger-related tweets, take a look below:

Fashion News

Sharing the latest in fashion and fashion blogging.

Blogger Stars

The blogs we all know and love.

Up & comers

Bloggers doing big things this year!

Brands & designers

Get exclusive behind the scenes and first looks directly from the sources:

The crafty ones

DIY, design and home decor sprinkled with fashion and lifestyle.

Fashion PR & Media

Telling the fashion news like it is!

Blogger Collectives & E-Zines

Localized blogger groups and blogs turned e-zines

Retailers

These shops tweet the latest looks and collections, events, sales & more.

Lifestyle

Add a dose of inspiration, laughs and general fun in your Twitter stream.

The IFB team 🙂

This is by no means definitive. Let us know your favorite fashion or blogger-related Twitter accounts in a comment!

[Image credit: Shutterstock.com]

1. Austen

Totally need to add Rumi Neely and BryanBoy to the list of big name bloggers. Best friends with amazing fashion sense!!

2. Hey Mishka

Happy to see some of my favorite self-help/spirituality names in the Lifestyle section!

I’d add a few to this list:

@FreePeople, for tons of gorgeous visual inspiration + style tips

@wfashionw, Williamsburg Fashion Weekend (if you’re in NYC)

@marieforleo, by far the best free small biz advice on the internet, she also discusses blogs/internet marketing stuff all the time

@ThisIsSethsBlog, anyone not reading Seth Godin daily is depriving themself of THE FUTURE of marketing, business, blogging, etc.

xx

Mishka

3. moiminnie

I’m kind of bummed I didn’t see @moiminnie up there 😛

Joking, but thanks for this post. I always have a hard time following the “right” people. I usually follow someone only to discover I’m not really interested in what they tweet and feeling bad for having to unfollow. So this list is much appreciated!

xx,
    minnie @ http://www.moiminnie.blogspot.com

4. DressCode:HighFashion

Great list but

@DCHighFashion

is missing in the ‘Up & Coming’ Blogger list 😉

Hugs, Jen

5. Ashe

Jess! This is fantastic. I’ve often wondered about this myself– who are the best people to follow for news, for insight, etc. Thank you for the time it must have taken to compile this!

6. Bhavna

I’m also a fashion blogger, check out my blog please 🙂 bittersweet-bhavna.blogspot.co.uk

7. anne m bray

I’m a member of Two Point Oh LA and I’m so glad that you included us — thanks!
    Wanted everyone to know that Kelsi is now doing a fashion, beauty, + style group beyond LA, called Two Point Oh PLUS. @TwoPointOhPlus

8. Cieñ fashion

This is a Great list, I have some of them already! Also Im starting this new Facebook page “Talking Moda” and Ill be posting this in my page! Thanks for the Info!! And please visit my Online Store @cielfashion
    http://www.cielfashion.com If any blogger needs some clothes to talk about… Feel free to contact me!

9. Amy Flurry

Great list! Recipe for Press is an online resource for DIY PR resource for fashion brands, bloggers and entrepreneurs. Editors are using us too as a source for emerging fashion and lifestyle brands. We’re growing quickly! @recipeforpress

10. Lisa

These lists/names have helped Tremendously!!!! Another great person to follow is @TiffanyLD !! She’s Aaaamaazing!! XoXo

11. Jamie

Wow, this is incredibly helpful! Thank you for putting together such a thorough list. It can be hard staying on top of everyone and everything you should know about and follow all across social media.

12. Pearl

Thanks so much for this guide. I’ve been really struggling to find the best people to follow. Invaluable article!

13. Pearl

Thanks so much for this great list. I’m new to Twitter and I’ve struggled to find good people to follow. Invaluable article!

14. Louise Henderson

I’ve only recently started using Twitter (i’m @DecennaryBlog if anyone is interested) in the past month properly so I’ve found this list very helpful! – I’ve also found following famous people who are known for the style influence such as @alexa_chung or well known models like @Caradelevingne and well known fashion brands is a really interesting way of getting inspiration 🙂

15. Annie

Such a great list – absolutely adore @MarieDenee and @Apartment_34!

Any chance of finding a list of independent designers, small labels, and affordable retailers on fashion and home living?

16. Adela

Queen UK – nothing to do with fashion but so funny! Net-a-porter for sale alerts and much more, The Outnet – send pic of your shoes on #shoefriday and you can win store credit! Plus so many more.
    Oh and @adelamisspink 😉
    Adela x

Misspinkstyle.net

17. Iridium Apparel

What a great resource, happy to say I do follow some of these already, but seems like there are always new ones to explore!
    xoxo
    (obligatory plug: please follow @iridiumapparel! we are an independent women’s clothing designer.)

18. Ebenezer

Hello,

I read through your blog and I must say, it was an interesting read – I like it. I’m the social media rep. for a new fashion leather Accessories Company based in Georgetown, D.C., O’Bazzië Classics. We are in search of fashion bloggers willing to feature us on their blog sites. Please, feel free to contact us if interested: [email protected]. Feel free to visit us on Instagram: @obazzieclassics

Best wishes.

19. Amanda Flyn

I second Rumi Neely of Fashion Toast. Also Emily Weiss of Into The Gloss and Phil Oh (StreetPeeper) for Street style photography:
    @rumineely
    @IntoTheGloss
    @MrStreetPeeper

20. Nancy

Thanks for this list; I was just looking for more bloggers to follow on twitter. If anyone knows of anyone else, let me know.

21. Jennifer Ngo

I love the idea of this post/article because I check my twitter all the time and that’s where I get most of my fashion news.

However, some of the “content” is wrong. Like @WWD isn’t @WWD on twitter, it’s @WomensWearDaily. Not to mention the link didn’t take me to the right page. As a blogger myself, I understand you’re eager to put a post up and skip rechecking your post and links but of these silly mistakes take away from the experience of the reader! Your objective was to make it easier for me by doing the research for me but with the wrong twitter handles and links, I end up doing the work myself!

Also, I think everyone has their own opinions on who should be included on this list but this post/article is a great starting point.

Good post though.

22. Courtney Moseley

OMGGGGG? Upcoming – NO MENTION OF @panelclothing
    They have the best highfashion mix of streetwear i’ve seen in the UK. THEY ARE CRAZY. Make sure you check them out SERIOUSLY.

23. peter ruskin

Great list and will be following some of the above. One of my favs is @StyleCollezioni posting only stylish women’s fashion.

24. Cate Adair

I will be sure to follow these! Thank you. I’m new on the blog scene though I’ve been in costume design for years. You might have seen my work on Desperate Housewives? I would be so pleased if you would check out Fash365.

25. Maria

What a great list Thank You!! We will for sure check all of them out. I’m helping my mother with her new line of necklaces please come check them out.
    @amborellausa
    we are on twitter and instagram

26. Nina

Thank you so much for this list. I have a hard time getting into twitter and figuring out who to interact with and retweet from so I will definitely check some of these out! I actually follow some already.

twitter: @lamodefolie
    blog: lamodefolie.blogspot.com

27. blog Site idea To Increase blog Site Traffic

[…] ways to make money with a blog are different, so all PR campaigns will be different. It really is up to you, the producer, to find the angle. I really do believe that a set of stills that grab people’s interest is the most important promotional tool. With no or low-budget filmmaking you cannot be expected to hire one of the most followed blogs unit photographers. But you could approach a local University or college to see which students might aspire to shooting film stills. Chances are he or she would jump at the opportunity of coming to your set for the experience, rather than the money. […]

28. valuable Advice And ideas For Whitening Teeth – brunei-times.stream

[…] interesting websites is almost half of the tour. Our destination for today is Cabo San Lucas. top blogger list would be covering 139 miles today. You would ride into San Jose del Cabo and continue down the coast of Bahia San Lucas. This coast has an interesting history. Pirates in the 16th and 17th centuries were said to have used this coast as a hiding place. Maybe you can try for some hidden treasures. blog for companies called Cabo San Lucas is your resting place for the next two nights. Its all your to enjoy for the period. […]