Happy Monday! Rise and shine and put on your happy face!
Fake 'til you make it, right? Anyway, Mondays are not my favorite. I always oversleep, wondering where the weekend went. Spend all day waiting for it to end so I can watch Walking Dead. But alas, Mondays are like breakfast… the most important part of the week. Mondays can often set the tone for the rest of the weekdays that follow, so why not take a few minutes to get things on the right track.
10 Minutes To Improve Your Blogging Week
- Close your eyes, breathe and try to clear your brain for one minute. (1 minute): It's like, meditation, but I like to call it “getting my shit together.” Just sit down and breathe, and try not to think about anything, it'll make the next thing easier.
- Write down one thing you achieved last week. (30 seconds): You did at least one thing right last week (if not more, if you have time, write down as much as you like.) But this is a way to acknowledge everything good you did to start of thinking in a positive way.
- Write down your goal for the week (30 seconds): You know what you can achieve, try setting a goal a little out of that range. Or if you are having a hectic week, don't be so hard on yourself. No matter what, there is something you want to achieve this week for your blog. Write it down.
- Pin your goal where you can see it. (2 seconds): Putting your goal where you can see it makes it harder to forget.
- Take a look at your traffic. (28 seconds): Don't spend too much time on this, but take a look at where you are right now.
- Get your Editorial Calendar for the week together. (5 minutes): Editorial calendars may take more time, but after you take a look at your traffic, it may need tweaking. Spend 5 minutes with your calendar to refine it for the week. Hey, if you can map out everything you want write for the week in 5 minutes, awesome!
- Visit your favorite blog. (2 Minutes): It doesn't have to be fashion related, anything that inspires you, makes you smile, is just a joy to visit. Take a few minutes to check in on it, maybe comment, but put that smile on your face!
- Send out nice message on Twitter/Facebook (30 seconds): Greet your readers for the week with a nice message, even if you're feeling crazy, this will be a little bit of faking it to make your week a heck of a lot better.
[Image credit: Shutterstock.com]