15 Writing Prompts for Your Next Blog Post

closet

Blogger's block – we all get it. One of my tricks is to keep a running list of potential article topics in Evernote, then when I can't think of anything to write about, I'll take a look through and hope one looks interesting enough to write about that day. It works about half the time! If you're running into the wall with things to write about, take a look through these prompts and see if one tickles your fancy!

1. What is the most important piece of clothing in your closet and why?

2. What trend do you secretly wish you could wear but think you look ridiculous in? Go on a mission to find a way to make it work, and blog about it

3.  What was your first big fashion purchase?

4.  Take your best friend out shopping. Each of you is allowed to pick out and buy one outfit for the other. Blog about the result!

5.  Denim showcase – how many pairs of jeans do you have in your closet? Try on and style every single last pair and put it all up as a fun collage, listing interesting fit details about each.

6.  Create an about video.

7.  Play with prose or poetry. Pick your favorite style quote and then free write in response to it.

8.  Great alternatives – find eco or social good alternatives to basic staples in everyone's closet like denim, yoga pants, beach dresses, even underwear.

9.  Style evolution – talk about how your style has evolved over the years and where it is today. Consider how music, friends and fashion trends influenced your self-expression

10. Give yourself a week to dress in just 8 different pieces of clothing. Blog about the result.

11. Choose the fashion era that has always appealed to you the most and give your readers a little history lesson.

12. Write about the 5 brands, campaigns or designers that have had the biggest impact on you.

13. What is one outfit you wish you could do-over and why?

14. What is the biggest fashion deal you have scored in your life?

15. Who are 5 style bloggers you admire and why?

What are your secrets to coming up with great content? I'd love to hear them!

[Image via: Wicked Opulence]

1. Roxanne D'souza

Ahh I just posted something very similar to point 9!
    I think a diy can also work for writer’s block, or even a photo journal kind of post, where you can share your most liked Instagram pictures for instance.
    Another idea could be to ‘decode’ the style (preferably street style) of a celebrity with pros and cons of their wardrobe choices.

2. Chrissabella

That’s such a great post, thanks for the inspirations! Especially on rainy days like today it’s good to have something to fall back to.

Greetings from London,

chrissabella.blogspot.com

3. Laura

Thank you so much for the ideas!! I usually just write about something that happened to me recently if I have writers blog.

4. Jeanine Marie

When I can’t think of anything to write about, I like to promote other bloggers with a links post. I am actually working on one of those today!

Jeanine Marie
    avalonandkelly.com

5. Melody Sours

Wow, these great ideas couldn’t have come at a better time. I feel myself getting bloggers block between changing seasons. This will help me and my readers think outside of the box!

6. MariMaskScara

Keeping a prompt list is genius! Just downloaded Evernote & I love it!
    The flat layout ootd was a great idea Roxanne! Going to consider using that for an upcoming post over on themarimaskscara.blogspot.com 🙂

7. Luv Lee

As a new blogger these topics are a great starting point to generate interest in my posts. Thanks for the great information!

8. Elena

Such a great post and it reminded me that I have to organize my ideas list more often! I used to take my notebook everywhere I go and as soon as I see smth cool I write it down and it was very helpful!!!

9. Zoe

A great list, and one I’m going to bookmark so I can come back and have another look when I’m stuck on post ideas!

Zoe
    tea-at-midnight.com

10. Courtney

This list has come at a great time! I also just keep a notebook of future post ideas- i rip ideas out of magazines for ideas, or make lists…I don’t always use them, but they’re there if I need!

11. Carmen

This is amazing help! It sucks having bloggers block. And this is a great post in getting the creative juices flowing!

xo,
    Carmen
    thefashionreformation.com

12. valentina

When I get idea for a post,I write it on my phone so when I have a writer’s block I just check my phone to see what ideas I wrote,usually when I read those ideas I come up with some others ideas so I always have some backup ideas.If you have a writer’s block you can do a hair tutorial or nail art tutorial. 😉

FASHION with VALENTINA.

13. Nancy

This is a great article. I often feel like I’m grasping at straws to come up with original post ideas, so this post is super helpful. I also create titles of post prompts and save them as drafts for later.

14. Tammy Smith

Thanks so much for this article! I’m a new blogger and I understand that consistency is the key but I’ve been having major block especially since I’ve cut back on attending events. This spawned an idea similar to no. 12: my favorite online stores and why.

15. Janelle Hawes

I so needed this!

I often struggle with coming up with insightful subjects I want to blog about and often just do a crowd-sourced book. However, I found a number of ideas on this list I love, including:

■ What is the most important piece of clothing in your closet and why?

■ What trend do you secretly wish you could wear but think you look ridiculous in? Go on a mission to find a way to make it work, and blog about it

■ What was your first big fashion purchase?

■ Create an about video.

■ Play with prose or poetry. Pick your favorite style quote and then free write in response to it.

■ Style evolution – talk about how your style has evolved over the years and where it is today. Consider how music, friends and fashion trends influenced your self-expression

■ Give yourself a week to dress in just 8 different pieces of clothing. Blog about the result.

■ Choose the fashion era that has always appealed to you the most and give your readers a little history lesson.

■ Write about the 5 brands, campaigns or designers that have had the biggest impact on you.

■ What is the biggest fashion deal you have scored in your life?

Sasha

16. Jenny

Thank you so much for the suggestion !! I usually just write about something that happened to me recently if I have writers blog.