4 Things to Write About Right Now

shutterstock_212991865

Stumped? Don't know what to write about today? I hear you…I have days where I am at a loss for content. Sometimes, if I've planned ahead (which hardly ever happens), I have a post in drafts that I can draw on, and sometimes I take a day off, or just do an outfit post, but other times, I draw on one of these ideas when I'm blocked:

Write what you know

Do a tutorial, write a how-to, create a step-by-step guide – any of those things are great ways to share your knowledge with your audience, and reach new readers. Focus on simple, easy, tips that anyone can follow, include lots of pictures (maybe a video? or an infographic?) and speak with authority.

Write what you don't know

I do a lot of this, actually – I write about my journey, and struggles along the way. This is generally very stream-of-consciousness, and personal, but it resonates with my audience. Take a life experience, or something you're struggling with (as long as you don't mind sharing with the Internets) and write about it. Ask for advice. Maybe several of your readers are going through the same thing? Or have gone through. Turn the tables around and ask for help from your readers for a change…

Write about “current events”

There are a lot of things going on now in fashion & retail, if you're not inspired to write about your own life, or want to try something different, pick a topic in the news and cover it on your blog. (Or write a book review of a relevant fashion book.) You could just “report” the news, bringing together bits and pieces of other articles into one cohesive one (giving credit, of course), or you could add your own spin and…

Write an opinion piece

These are fun to do, but you have to be ready for some disagreement and possible negative comments on your blog. If it's your first time, start with something rather agreeable, and move on to more contentious topics after you've had some experience writing your opinion. Opinion pieces are great because they open a window into who you are without giving away too much personal information; they allow your readers to get to know you a bit better and identify something they can relate to. Or not.

What do you do when you're not necessarily inspired to write? Do you keep draft posts? Not write at all?

[Image credit: Shutterstock.com]

1. Lilly

I am always lacking of ideas to blog every now and then. After I publish a post, I go, “ok, what next?”. Thank you for this post. I have some ideas in mind now.

Lilly.
    lillyinstyle.blogspot.com

2. Kwane

These are some really helpful tips. I have tons of unrelated paragraphs that I haven’t quite developed. I keep it in hopes that at some point I’ll be find a better way to use it later. Thanks for sharing!

3. omniavitae

I already decided to write one before reading this post. Ill definitely try this soon on my blog. Maybe a DIY. Thats the easiest. If any of you tries it, share with me, so ill read.

4. Nicole

Great post! It is especially a great time of year to write about “current events”, since it is the season of the red carpet–Golden Globes, Grammy’s, Oscars, etc. There are so many blog post opportunities, thanks to those huge style events! Also, fashion week starts this week…and there is an unlimited amount of things you can write about. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole

• XTINE

Hey lovely how can I add members on here I don’t see the choice option? can you help me please. Thanks xtine

5. Sharron

Yes I can relate to this post. If I run out of things and or topics to address I will quickly share an outfit post people always seem to love what you have uniquely and creatively put together. Although I am still a blogging baby I believe content is key. Don’t just say anything if you don’t have anything to say. Ideas always come and before you know it you will be inspired to share something relevant and useful! These posts help me so much. they answer so many of the questions that I have. It’s like a mentor without actually having one! I def would love to have a fashion mentor!☺️Thanks a bunch for this piece.

6. Daniela

Sometimes that happens to me too.. One day I have no ideas what I want to talk about.. like right now.. but the next day I have million of ideas what to write about and can´t wait to share them with my readers. When I do have days like that I might write 3-4 posts a day and post them in the upcomming days.. but on days were I have no idea what to write I just stick it out.. and post the next day. If I pressure myself nothing will work out.
    My inspiration is normally walking with open eyes thru the streets.

take care,