This past Sunday, IFB was honored to be able to partner with Simply Stylist for their New York City event and host a panel with Natalie from ShopStyle giving day-to-day tips on how to take your blog to the next level!
The morning started at the W Hotel on Lexington with a fabulous brunch and beautiful tables filled with flowers and goodies from Library of Flowers. (I’m loving their Parfum Crema in Honeycomb and Handcreme in Arboretum!)
Once we were all fed and caffeinated, the real fun started with a talk hosted by Catt Sadler with the beautiful, former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo! These two style icons did not disappoint in either the style or inspiration department.
The afternoon was filled with wonderful guest speakers, covering everything from style, beauty, blogging and building your own fashion businesses. Not to mention rooms full of brand goodies including the envy-inducing Glam App (available in many major cities). The stylists from The Glam App provided hair, makeup and nails touchups and provide on-demand services to your home if you want to get dolled up without going out to a salon.
Dove was another one of the major sponsors at the event, and we all went home with their new dry spray antiperspirant, which I suspect will soon become one of my beauty must-haves.
Natalie and I wrapped up as speakers for the evening with three bloggers (and IFB members!) who graciously and bravely volunteered to let us “roast” them by providing some constructive ideas to bring their blogs to the next level in terms of gaining more traffic and revenue. Be sure to check out their sites – each one is fantastic.
Each of these bloggers walked away with a paid campaign from ShopStyle too!
We hope we were able to provide some useful ideas that can be implemented by anyone out there listening to us. Overall, I had a great time being able to represent IFB since I’m usually behind the scenes working with our partners or on website projects. And if you’re looking for ongoing advice and community support, make sure to check out the launch of IFB Pro!
Kim’s Swag Bag Favs
We all know the best part of a fashion event is the gift bag at the end. Here are a few more of my new favorite products that were graciously gifted as part of the event.
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – I work from home. Showers don’t always happen. Dry Shampoo is always my friend.
- Physician’s Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit – Even if I don’t shower, I’m a mascara girl. This may very well replace my tried and true Lancome Hypnose obsession.
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser – I’ve like Murad products for years. This my first trip into the Age Reform line but since I’ve hit 30 I guess it's time to start reforming my age…
- Frank Body Scrub – Admittedly, I haven’t opened this yet, but I’m excited to! I’m in Portland – we practically bathe in coffee anyway.
- Thrive Market Membership – Thrive is a fantastic company AND offers great discounts on organic and healthy food and beauty products. And its shipped directly to your home so you don’t have to shower (see Dry Shampoo above).
- Soothe Promo – You should really be seeing a trend by now…Soothe will bring a licensed massage therapist to your house – 7 days a week from 9am to Midnight! Hellloooo post-kiddo bedtime massage! Except they aren’t in Portland yet, so I’m going to have to hold on to this for a while. But they are in a lot of other cities already, check it out.
The next Simply Stylist event will be in Los Angeles in March 2016 – you won’t want to miss it!
All photos courtesy of Simply Stylist and Copyright of Soul Brother