WHO: Linda Busenius
WHAT: So Simple, So Perfect
WHERE: Vancouver, BC
With more than 25 years of fashion experience under her belt, it seems only natural that this 40+ stylist would start a blog of her own. Although she loves everything about fashion, Linda says it doesn't define who she is. Instead, “inspiration comes from the beauty she sees in her family, friends and her faith.”
Linda enjoys writing about her style, home and beauty favorites and hopes to inspire other women in doing so. Read her interview below to find out more of her journey into the world of blogging.
- When did you started So Simple, So Perfect and why?
“I started SSSP just over a year ago with the intent to focus on fashion and lifestyle for women over 40 years old. I feel that there is a lack of resources for this demographic and wanted to be able to provide inspiration for women my age.”
- How did you come up with the name?
“The name comes from my personal aesthetic… timeless, classic, polished with a bit of a modern twist.”
- Do you blog full time or do you also have a day job?
“I work part time with my husband of 38 years… admin and client services. Lots of paperwork, not my favorite! I spend mornings in the office and try to work on my blog, resourcing, etc. in the afternoons.”
- How did you first become interested in fashion?
“I have always been interested in fashion and have worked in all areas of the industry since the late eighties: marketing, design, manufacturing and styling. I've been fortunate to have experienced it all!”
- How would you describe your style?
“I would describe my style as clean, polished, understated… as mentioned above, classic with a modern twist.”
- What wardrobe items are in heavy rotation at the moment?
“Some my favorite pieces I am wearing right now are a classic trench coat, great jeans, white shirts, white sweaters, wide-leg trousers, striped tee shirts, blazers and block heels.”
- How do you use social media, and what role does it play in your blogging life?
“Right now, SSSP is on Facebook and Instagram, but I am going to get serious about Google and Pinterest next!”
- How do you monetize your blog and your brand?
“I have not monetized my blog yet other than using it as a tool for styling clients.”
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
“What I love about blogging is the connections I have made with women who have the same interests and passions as I have.”
- What are your hopes for your blog?
“I hope that my blog inspires women to be the best that they can be and have fun exploring their personal style.”
- If you could describe the look and feel of your blog in one word, what would it be?