Welcome to our weekly column by Blogger Babes co-founder Ponn Sabra. Check back every Monday for the tips and tricks you need to take your blog to the next level!
Last week, I gave you 5 creative ideas for creating passive income. And OK you do have to do a lot of work before you can do nothing. But it's worth it, and this week I'm back with even more great ideas! Who doesn't want more money-making streams, right? Multiple sources are key for passive income build-up… so beautify your bank account with some of these tips.
1. Create a product review template.
You probably already review products on your blog, but if you don't, it's time to start! Not only is this a great way to generate income (using affiliate links and the like), but it's also a fantastic way to establish yourself as an authority.
Give honest feedback about products you've worn or tried. If you're already posting #OOTDs, make the process simpler by picking one product from that post to also review. Turn that review into a template you can multiply and apply often.
Stick to the template as much as possible so that your readers know what to expect and in what form to expect it. That way, they'll also be able to quickly find information they're particularly interested in.
More importantly, having a template will save you so much time in the long run. You’ll have more time to enjoy other things, like shopping for the next product you’d like to review. 😉
Things you might want to include on your template are:
- The affiliate link
Also try to take your own photos. Create lots of white space (with subheadings and bullet points) to make the page more scannable.
2. Create optimized YouTube videos.
While we’re on the topic of reviewing products—maybe you're not really into blogging about it. So how about a vlog instead? If you find speaking and making videos easier than writing, review products on YouTube instead of on your blog.
In fact, a lot of people are making money just by posting review vlogs on YouTube for anything from eyeliner to toys. And the best part is—you can too!
First, pick a product you want to review, then make a short video about it. Your video should include:
- What it’s going to be about
- What product you’re reviewing
- How that product is going to help your viewers
- A strong call to action at the end
Then upload your video and share it on all your social media platforms (and your blog too!).
3. Check out YouTube for ideas on the next hot, passive income generating video to make.
While you’re on YouTube, look at what’s trending in the fashion world. What are people talking about? What’s the hottest product right now?
Check out the newest product releases and see if you can review those products as soon as possible. Reviewing the newest and hottest products will get you views in no time!
4. Create special offers for groups you belong to.
In my last post, I talked about creating an app, just like the geniuses who made COSIGN and FashionTap did. When it comes to getting more mileage out of a single product or course you’ve created, having a pre-release for a select group of your niche makes so much sense on so many levels that it’s a no-brainer.
A closed forum is ideally set up as a strong test market—and most of them have a “Members’ Offers” section. You will probably have to run your offer by an Administrator, but if rules allow, go for it!
Benefits to you include:
- Early feedback
- Alerts towards problems, or potential problems, that you need to fix or tweak
- Early testimonials you can use in your main release
- New subscribers!
5. Look for passive income ideas everywhere.
Have a problem with something? Create the solution!
- Experiment. Try different formats and see what feels most natural to you—and what brings you results. Will you blog, vlog, or create an app?
- Track your results to gain a crystal-clear picture of the types of passive income streams that work for you—and those that don’t.
- Think about the tactics that work and see how many more similar ideas, using that model type, you can come up with.
And of course, have fun! If your streams feel like a chore, I know there's something better for you out there.
These are just 5 out of 21 ideas for passive income streams from my and Heidi’s third ekit in the Blogger Building Blocks Monthly series, Creating Passive Income Now. This starter kit also includes a passive income planner, step-by-step tutorial workbook, 3-week business planning and marketing calendar, and a getting-it-done checklist.
So, how's it going, ladies? Give me an update!