The Anti-Fashion Week
Edited by Dramatis Personae
That isn’t to say that I’m against Fashion Week… but more that this week’s Links á la Mode just really isn’t focused on it. With amazing interviews from kaKofoniesOfsi(gh)lens, Fashion in My Eyes, and Eternal Masquerade to great features on vintage clothing from Retro Chick and Unfunded, there’s as much fabulousness on off the catwalk as on.
Maybe it’s bitterness that I’ll be missing out on NYFW for the 3rd season in a row or maybe it’s my gentle heart preventing you all from Fashion Week burnout too soon…which it is, I’ll never tell.
Note from Editor : Please be sure to check out the IFB Conference at NYFW : Evolving Influence
Links à la Mode: February 11th
- 39thandbroadway.com: – How Designers Really View Their Customers
- A Typical Atypical: – I chat about how hard it must be to love fashion and be blind, and I question whether there ought to be a charity dedicated to helping people feel good about how they look even if they can’t see it in the mirror.
- Cafe Fashionista: – Style Secrets: Symbol of Style. A how-to on creating your very own trademark/signature look.
- dramatis personae – How to Pack for Mardi Gras!
- Eternal Masquerade: – Interview with young designer, and Teen Vogue/CFDA/Target scholarship winner, Jennifer Huang.
- Fab Blab: – Even after all these years, we continue to differentiate between dark and fair. How does this affect the fashion industry adversely?
- Fashion Cents: – Seven Style Basics that EVERYONE should know! Make sure you are not committing these style “sins.”
- fashion in my eyes: – Fashion is supposed to be fun! Interview with designer Arina Varga
- Haute World: – A Mad Tea Party? An exclusive look at how 9 luxury designers interpret Alice in Wonderland for French department store Printemps.
- Instant Vintage: – Blood, Sweat & T-Shirts: Learning the true cost of that cheap and chic outfit you just scored.
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: – Interview with Anna Osterlund of Ravishing Mad
- Model Max: – Are ‘respectable’ fashion writers insecure with ‘upstart amateur’ fashion bloggers?
- Oranges and Apples: – Is fashion oppressive or fun? some belated thoughts on Tanya Gold hating fashion
- Rags to Reverie: – Vivienne Westwood showed that fashion forwardness could be inspired by the past
- Retro Chick: – Top tips to on the spot dating of Vintage Clothes
- THE COVETED: – Devil’s Advocate : blogging and corporate seeding
- The Fashion Planner: – DIY: How to Make Naughty Granny Panties for Valentine’s Day!
- the musings of ondo lady: – Back in 2006 Slave to Fashion, a three part documentary was aired on Channel 4 which took a really good look at the fashion industry.The aim was to make sense of the multi billion industry which everyone from the media to consumers seemed to be obsessed w
- The Recessionista: – an hour ago Rebecca Taylor & Milly: Fashion Week Inspiration
- Unfunded: – Photos and thoughts from the Vintage Fashion Expo in Santa Monica, CA.The
PLEASE READ IF YOU’D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE:If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine